Chapter 1

9:34 pm, Monday, June 28th, 1965       

                   "Fine, get the hell away! I don't need you anyway!" 10 year old Y/N was thrown from the passengers seat of her father's red Ford Mustang. Her father revved up the car and peeled out of the parking lot down the road. Y/N rolled over and stood. She wiped blood and gravel from the cut on her jaw. She lifted her head and scanned her surroundings. She saw a sign a bit down the road opposite of her father's departure. 'Welcome to Glass Shard Beach, New Jersey. Enjoy Your Stay!' Y/N huffed and began down the road, the setting sun behind her. 

    Y/N's P.O.V.

       I heaved my satchel with all my belongings on my shoulder as I wandered the streets of this new city. 'I cannot believe he drove all this way just to get rid of me.'  I thought. My father was a rich businessman in Malone, New York. My mother was a famous surgeon. This morning he told me to pack my small satchel of as many belongings it could fit and get in the car. We got into a fight and he told me he was getting rid of me, as I tainted the family name. Then he drove me out to this small town and left me. 'I need to find somewhere to sleep.' I walked deeper into the streets of Glass Shard Beach until I came upon an abandoned house along the coast, overlooking the beach. I climbed into the lower window and went upstairs. I found a corner and lied down, using my satchel as a pillow. There was a small hole in the roof, revealing the stars. I stared at them, crying softly until falling into slumber. 

        I jolted awake to a loud bang downstairs. I realized that my stuff had fallen out of my bag. I slowly and quietly put all of it back in my brown satchel and curled around it, hoping no more noise erupted from the first floor. I tightly hugged my knees as there were footsteps and muffled voices. They sounded young, so probably not dangerous. "Hey, Ford, you go look upstairs! I'll look down here." "Okay!" I snuggled up into a corner. 'Oh god, he'll find me! Wait, no, I can't not fight back!' I extended my arm into my bag and pulled out my small pocket knife.

          I flipped it open and footsteps rumbled up the stairs. I slid towards the door and lifted my knife. A small six-fingered hand pushed open the door and I jumped out, knife raised in a defensive position.  "Get back!" "Whoa, it's okay!" The young boy lifted his hands and my hands shook holding the knife. He was also shaking a bit. "Hey, it's fine! I-I won't hurt you!" I slowly but hesitantly lowered the knife. "Why? Who are you?"

                    He slowly lowered his hands. "I'm Stanford.  Stanford Pines. But you can call me Ford." I put my knife back and apologized for threatening him. "I- I'm sorry, I thought you - you were going to hurt me....." Ford noticed the cut on your jaw. "You're hurt! Stanley! Come here! I found something!" I put a hand to my cheek and realized it was bleeding again. "Yeah, but I'll be okay." More footsteps rumbled up the stairway and a mirror image of Ford with no glasses appeared beside him. "Ford, what'd ya- " He realized you were there and stepped in front of Ford. "Who're you?" I took a step back. "I- I'm Y/N. And you're Stanley, right?" "Yeah. But call me Stan." Ford stepped next to Stan. "Can we take her home so Mom can fix her up? She's hurt." Stan looked me up and down. "Yeah. And she looks hungry, too." I held my satchel in my hands. I was hungry, but I didn't want to intrude. "No, it's okay, I have money..." My father had given me  2 quarters. I pulled it out and showed them. Stan laughed. "That's not gonna get you much, it's okay. Come with us." They led me down the stairs and out the house. 

                 The boys led me down the beach to and through an alley. They climbed up the stoop and opened the door. "Mom! We need help!" A tall woman came out of the kitchen. "Oh! Who is this?" "My- my name is Y/N L/N, Ma'am." I awkwardly hid behind Ford. The woman gasped. "Y/N L/N, as in daughter of F/N L/N, the businessman in New York?" I blushed and shuffled my feet. "Um, yeah... heh.." I lightly chuckled to lighten the mood. The boys' mother looked out the door. "Is he here? Why are you so far from New York? Come here and tell me." I followed her into the kitchen and she set me up on the table and got a first aid kit. She wet some towels for me to hold on my jaw. Stan and Ford sat at the table as I told her of how my father kicked me out last night and the boys found me. She cleaned and covered my wound as I spoke. 

          "Why did he kick you out?" I blushed. "Because of my birthmark," I gestured to the birthmark that covered my nose. "And because of my eyes." I had complete heterochromia. One eye bright blue and the other bright green. My father always said it was ugly. "Aha, my father hated it. He made me wear contacts so I wouldn't be as ugly." Stan stood up, determined-looking. "They're not ugly, they're cool!" Ford stood also. "Yeah!" He looked like he wanted to say more, but held his tongue and was a bit red-faced.  Their mother finished bandaging my cheek. "Honey, you're a beautiful girl. Are you hungry?" My stomach rumbled as she said this, and I fidgeted with my hands." Um, no..." Stan sighed. "She is, Mom. She's just too shy." Stan smirked at me as I blushed. "I am not..." I pouted. 

999 words