Chapter 5

7:00 am, Monday, August 16, 1965

Ford's P.O.V.

          I watched Y/N put her things in her bag from her bed. She oddly kept rubbing her hands together. I asked her if she was worried. She nervously chuckled, rubbing her hands together again. "Um, well, a little bit." She puffed out her cheek.  She turned her face away from me and sat next to me on her bed. I grabbed her hand and it was wet with sweat. I wiped it off on my pants and held her hand. "It's gonna be okay, Y/N." She looked at me. There were tears in her eyes. "Hey, don't cry. It will be fine." She squeezed my hand. I squeezed back.

           "I'm ugly, Ford." I looked up at her. "What? No, Y/N-" She pulled her hand away, wiping away her tears. She turned away from me, most likely so couldn't see her cry. "I'm ugly, Ford. I don't want to be ugly. You said you've been bullied? Not by your family, you haven't. Not like I have."  I didn't know what to say. 

           "Y/N, I..... I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. No, you're not. Your family was wrong. You're actually really pretty."  I blushed and she turned back to me.  "Really? I know I'm gonna get bullied. But I guess that's okay. I have you guys." I smiled, putting my arm on her shoulders. "Y/N, you're most likely gonna get bullied because you're our friend." She laughed and we heard the door open, Stanley running in. "Guys! It's time to go!" He grabbed his bag as we grabbed ours. We ran out the door, to the bus.

Y/N's P.O.V.

          I followed behind Stan and Ford to my locker. I put my stuff in and closed it.  "Hey! Six-fingered freak! What kind of dog did you get? It's pretty ugly." Stan and Ford took steps between me and three older boys. Stan was in a fighting stance. "Crampelter! Get lost." The blonde boy scoffed. "Why? What're you gonna do? Send your dog to attack us? What the hell is that thing?" I hid behind Ford. Stan lurched forward at the Crampelter guy. "Shut up! Just leave!" Crampelter grabbed Stan's collar and lifted him up. 

                "You shut up, squirt. What's her name?" Ford took a step back in front of me. Stan gripped Crampelter's wrist. "Back off!" Ford put his arm in front of me. "Y/N, leave." I pushed his arm down. "No. I am not leaving you two." Ford huffed. "Fine." Crampelter threw Stan on the floor, lunging at Ford. He had Ford's shirt in his fist. "What's your dog's name, freak?" Ford struggled in his grasp. "She's not.... a dog...!" Crampelter laughed and dropped him. 

               Ford hit the ground and I ran to him, only to get punched in the jaw. I stumbled backwards, stunned. I blinked a few times. Crampelter laughed. "What's wrong dog? It hurt?" Ford and Stan stared at me. I clenched my fists. "Excuse me, you pillock? What the hell is wrong with you? No wonder your parents don't want you." Crampelter's face drained of color. I sneered, Stan and Ford getting up. 

               "What? How do you know about that? Nobody knows about that." I laughed heavily at Crampelter's fear and confusion. "That doesn't matter how I know. Leave, and no-one else will know about your little... issue." Crampelter tuned away and left. Stan and Ford looked at me in confusion as I turned back to them.  "What?" "Um, Nothing.." Ford and Stan put their hands on each side of my face, observing my jaw. Stan folded his arms, looking extremely upset. "I'll kill him..."  

Stan's P.O.V.

              Me and Ford sat in the office while Nurse Simmons fixed up Y/N's jaw.  I watched Ford fidget with his hands, legs dangling. "Pines Twins?" Principal Bennett called us both back to his office. "What happened to Miss L/N? It's only her first day, and she's already in trouble." Me and Ford looked at our hands. We sat for a second, then Ford spoke up. "It was Crampelter, sir." 

                Principal Bennett sat back in his chair, sighing. "Crampelter, the eighth grader?" We both nodded as the door opened. Nurse Simmons peeked his head in the door crack. "Miss L/N is all fixed up, do you want to see her?" The principal nodded, and Nurse Simmons brought in Y/N. She got up in a chair and Ford extended his arm to inspect the bandage on her cheek. She smiled wearily. "It's okay, Ford." Ford brought his arm back into his lap. 

               Principal Bennett fidgeted with a ball on his desk."Miss L/N, who hit you?" Y/N flushed, looking ashamed. "Crampelter, sir." "And why did he hit you?" She picked at her bandage, not looking him in the eye. "I don't know, sir."  The principal rapped his knuckles on the wooden desk. "Well, I will have a talk with him, and I will talk to his mother. You kids get down to class, Y/N, it's only your first day. Welcome to Glass Shard Beach Elementary." Y/N gave a quick 'thank you' and we went to class.

850 words

Please watch the video. It has nothing to do with the story but people need to see it.