Chapter 9

My neck hurts. I rise from the uncomfortable brick the officers like to call a cot. I glance around at the familiar grey walls and cold floor. I sit up, looking outside of the iron bars of the Glass Shard Beach Police Department holding cell. Officer Harley, the one that took the knife from me a few days ago, sat at his desk looking through papers. He coughed, then looked up at me. He sneered, and got up, walking away with his coffee mug without a word. I stand up and look out at the Department as a whole. There were only three officers here at the moment, as it was quite early in the morning still. "Hey, Kiddo." Officer Ritter came by my cell, just like every morning this past week. He's the only one who takes pity on me, as he doesn't think I did it.

          "Hey Officer Ritter. What day is it?" I asked, leaning against the icy poles. "Thursday. Your trial is on Sunday." I sighed, already sick of sitting in this cell. Officer Ritter poured 3 packets of sugar into his coffee. "Geez, Officer, want some coffee with that sugar?" I joke, and he snorted, turning to the Sheriff, who had called him. "Jason! Come over here." He walked over to the Sheriff and looked over some documents on the desk. "So? What does this have to do with anything?" The sheriff sneered in my direction. "Nothing, yet."

             Just then, someone ran into the Department. "I-I just found a body!!!" All the officers jumped to their feet and followed him, leaving me to strain out the windows and try to see. Unfortunately, they ran out of my line of sight.

Officer Jason Ritter's P.O.V.

             We followed Mr. Valkman to an alley behind his drugstore. Looking behind the dumpster, we all reeled back and Harley puked. It truly was a grisly scene. This was no doubt the same killer as Mr. Hirsch. It seems the killer has escalated their method by quite a bit.

Y/N's P.O.V.

             A few hours later, I sat up from my brick to see the Officers coming back. They solemnly started doing paperwork and calling people on their desk phones. I see Officer Ritter coming by my cell. "Hey kid. You're free to go." He unlocked the cell and opened it. "What? Just like that??" I asked, pretty surprised. "Yeah, the killer struck again, so it couldn't be you." He said, and I gasped. "Who was it??"

               Officer Ritter looked down. "We think it was a volunteer at the Soup Kitchen across the street from Valkman's Drugstore." I made my way out of the cell. "Oh no, really? That's terrible." He sighed. "Sure is, kid. C'mon, I'll escort you back home." I followed him out. "Thank you, sir." We made our way out and got into his cruiser. "Also, the sheriff is making calls now to cancel your trial." He told me. I looked out the window. " Okay."

My neck still hurts. 

Word Count: 500 

AN: Hi guys! I'm back! Sorry this chapter is so short, I just thought it was a good place to end the chapter. Also! I'd love some ideas from you guys, for holiday specials and whatnot.