𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒.

━━━━━━━━━━
𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
━━━━━━━━━━

MONTERO'S EYES SLOWLY OPENED when he felt the movements of the car come to a halt. he didn't even feel like getting out of the car, now that he was comfortable in plush leather seats of shéyaa's lamborghini.

shéyaa.

he had almost forgotten who was in the driver's seat of the car. and even sitting in silence with the man for the past twenty minutes, he still couldn't seem to wrap his head around it.

"wake up. we hea'." spoke the older male as he turned off the engine. "hopefully yo' ass ain't get no smudges on my glass." he muttered as he got out of his side of the car. montero unintentionally gulped as he looked at the window and was relieved to see there were no blurry smudges from when he fell asleep earlier.

opening up the fancy car door, he was careful not to open it too wide and scratch both the stranger and shéyaa's car in the process, and closed it behind him, revealing an impatient looking shéyaa. as soon as the door closed he locked the car and the two males walked in silence to the entrance to the grocery store.

shéyaa grabbed a shopping cart from the long lines of folded carts and started down a random aisle, montero close behind, but not too close.

"a'ight, what's first on tha' list?" the older's voice interrupted the younger's train of thought.

"ummm... three gallons of milk." montero replied. shéyaa nodded his head and made a right at the end of the aisle that they were currently walking in and headed for refrigerated section. the pair continued to walk and eyed the rows of the refrigerated items until they spotted the milk section. shéyaa proceeded to take out three gallons of milk and load it into one corner of the cart. montero watched him in silence. 

most of the grocery run went on like that; shéyaa asking what the next item on the list was and montero stated in plainly, in his soft voice and they roamed the large store until they found what they were looking for.

the chocolate skinned boy still couldn't believe that shéyaa of all people was only standing a few inches away from him. his heart pounded whenever he thought about it or whenever he looked at him. the last thing on the list was a case of bottled water, which was near the very back of the store.

as they walked, shéyaa's voice took him by surprise. "how long you been staying wit' my grandma?" montero was shocked and slightly confused by his question, wondering why he even cared. he was nothing but an orphan.

still, he answered the man anyway.

"for as long as i can remember." he spoke in his signature soft voice. he paused for a moment, pondering on if he should disclose more about his past to someone he barely knew, but his mouth was already moving before his brain. "ms. shanice--your grandma-- told me that i was only a few months old when my birth parents left me with her. so the..." he gulped, feeling strange saying the word, "orphanage is all i know."

shéyaa actually listened intently; he wasn't sure why but he found the boy's origin story quite intriguing, but montero wouldn't know that because of the apparent lack of interest on shéyaa's face. "have you ever thought about tryna locate them?"