𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓.

( author's note i feel like this needs to be put at the top instead of the bottom like where i usually put things like these but i wanna tell y'all i'm going to start doing 'sneak peeks' where i write only part of the chapter so that you guys have SOMEthing to read. b/c i know you guys wait forever for me to update and there's so many things going on which is why i never have time to write anymore. so i think this is fair. lmk how you guys feel about this! & don't forget to vote! )

━━━━━━━━━━
𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
━━━━━━━━━━

"AYO GRAMMA, WE HOME!" SHÉYAA  YELLED out as the two males entered the orphanage through the side door, several bags hanging from each of their hands. 

montero flinched slightly at the volume of shéyaa's voice and set the bags he was holding on the countertop.

ms. shanice soon appeared in the kitchen. "ah, thank you babies! saves me a trip and i didn't want to leave this bad ass children here." walking over to where the two were standing she peered inside the white plastic bags.

 "y'all sure y'all got everything?" 

montero nodded his head and his glance shifted to his shoes. "yeah, i made sure everything was in there." 

"well, now that that's done, go get ya ass upstairs so i can drop you off  at ole girl's house." shéyaa cut into the conversation. ms. shanice rolled her eyes at her grandson's use of profanity and slapped his arm. he winced and mumbled an 'ow' with some other curses directed at no one in particular.

"ooooh that sounds exciting!" ms. shanice's mood changed and she turned to younger boy. "and where are you off to this evening?"

"uhh... just a friend's house to watch some movies. you know summer, that new friend i was telling you about." montero replied quietly, casually glancing around.

 "ugh, i'm finna go sit down let me know when you ready aight" the older male said out loud, but ms. shanice didn't give him a reply. montero felt a little bad for making shéyaa wait, he was doing him a favor after all.

the woman beamed at her 'son' and put a hand over her heart. i am so glad you're making friends, montero. this is gonna be good for you. go out and enjoy yo' self while you still can. and tell me everything when you get back, ya' hear?"

the younger boy chuckled to himself and nodded slightly. "i will, i promise." and with that he turned on his heel out of the kitchen and made his way to the staircase. from where he stood, he could see the living room and where shéyaa sat on the couch. he was looking at something on his phone and typed something quickly with one hand while the other twisted a strand of his hair back and forth.

finally finding the strength to peel his eyes away from the other male, montero quickened his pace up the stairs and made it to his room, and closed the door behind him.

as quick as he could, montero took off his current clothing and turned on the shower stepping in as soon as the water temperature was to his liking. he scrubbed all over the surface of his skin with soap and made sure to use the body wash ms. shanice got him from bath & body works.