- ONE

"HEY RUBY!" Jade smiled, walking over to Ruby as she noticed her little sister, Lily, was with chatting to Ruby's daughter Sara

"HEY RUBY!" Jade smiled, walking over to Ruby as she noticed her little sister, Lily, was with chatting to Ruby's daughter Sara. It couldn't have been more perfect.

"Oh! Hey Jade," She nervously shuffled around, "How are you? I noticed you haven't been around lately. Always happy to take Lily if you need, I noticed some of the other moms-"

"Don't even start me," Jade tried her best to frown, softening her voice, "Let's just say I cant even get my bills paid."

A big lie.

"Are you guys okay at home?" She furrowed her brows, leaning closer into the conversation. Jade had her hooked.

"I mean it's just me and Lily, and I just got laid off from work and-" Jade began to to ramble in hopes of Ruby taking the bait. Of course she did. Bless that woman.

Ruby sighed, "Look... M-my friends and I are running a shoppers club, and we're earning heaps of money. Maybe it could help you out. We need some more people too. Corporate's hiring."

Jade thought it was interesting that they were recruiting others. It just didn't seem like an operation Rio would allow. Then again, maybe Agent Turner was wrong, maybe they're all far in it and they've changed Rio's outlook; she'd applaud them. It would help him get caught.

"Would you be interested?" She continued, "Girls gotta help girls out."

"That'd be lovely," Jade smiled at her, "Let me know when you guys are meeting-"

"Oh, we're meeting tonight!" She said, holding onto Sara, "I'll message you the details, it's at my friend Beth's house."

"Beth Boland?" Jade's eyes went wide, "Her husband owns the car dealership around here, doesn't he?"

"Yeah," She shrugged, "Myself, her and Annie Marks. I-It's a new business."

"You're honestly a lifesaver!" Jade held the longest, fakest, smile she ever had, "Hey, Lily and I have to go but text me? This would be really great for us."

"Of course!"

——

AFTER A FEW HOURS, Jade went to Fine and Frugal, hoping to see Annie. She knew she didn't particularly need to, but it would help if she'd slightly befriended the two before seeing Beth; knowing all too well there's a massive difference between working with him and working for him.

"Thanks for shopping at Fine and Frugal, we hope you're having a Fine and Frugal day," She heard Annie mutter as I walked to her cashier. God, she looked miserable.