- SIX

"WHY AM I HERE FOR THIS?" Jade rolled her eyes while she watched Beth and Rio stare eachother down

Rio had made Jade break into Beth's house and clear the cash out, the girl more than happy to do so as she could document all of it for her personal file.

She was unsure as to why Rio would even trust her to do so, but she didn't want to question it. Jade always knew to keep her guard up, though, and she was now on a firm watch.

"Why did you take my money?" Beth hissed at Rio, as he smirked.

"Nah, it's my money," He slowly spoke, "Mine."

"We're gonna be shutting things down for a while," Rio continued to speak, Jade unamused and staring at her nails.

"What does that even mean!" Beth remarked, "You can't do that!"

Jade couldn't help but laugh, catching a glare from Beth that definitely didn't stop her.

"One of my associates been picked up," Rio looked at Jade, searching for a reaction despite all well knowing how that associate was picked up.

She fed into it, "I'd be boasting about it if it were me."

"This is why we can't trust her!" Beth objected, Rio simply shrugging at her, "Nah, when I feel heat, I don't play."

"Oh, hey mamas do you want some?" Rio looked up at Jade from his food and smirked, then back at Beth, "My bad Boland, did you want some too?"

"No!" Beth and Jade had remarked in unison.

"Y'all sure? Cus they put the hash brown inside this thing and-" Rio kept his eyes on his food as he practically taunted Beth and Jade, the girl having none of it, "Sweetheart, I'll gladly shove that hash brown up your-"

And Beth had the audacity to cover Jade's mouth. She'd quickly ripped her fingers away, Jade looking as volatile as ever. Rio was giggling, "Careful, she don't do well with a muzzle."

Beth quickly shook, "Look, I just don't understand!"

"Me neither, like I don't get how it's so crispy," Rio innocently smiled back, stilling eating his food.

"I'll fucking show you crispy," Jade muttered under her breath as Beth continued to whine, "You took all of the money! What are we going to do? We worked our asses off for it! You can't just mess with peoples lives like that."

"You wanna know what I can't do?" Rio tilted his head, "I can't do five to fifteen in FCI Milan 'cause some bitches needed their pocket money."

With that he stood up, and looked at me, "You're up Perez."

——

"STOP DOING THAT!" Jade growled as she walked into her home, seeing Rio sitting on her kitchen counter, "You can't keep coming here unannounced."

She'd left the cafe a few hours ago racking her brain trying to figure out a way to slip information back to the FBI. Since Rio had let her back in his business, she couldn't risk getting caught by him.

He might've loved her once, but she wasn't sure if that was enough to keep her alive in the long run. She couldn't be sure.

"I haven't figured it out yet," He looked up, jumping off the counter, "You haven't tried to turn me in yet."

"I can't," She answered, "My hands are tied."

"And why is that Perez?" He walked closer, "You keep talking about how much you want me behind bars but, I don't think you really do."

"Trust me I-"

"Oh I do trust you darlin," He pushed some hair away from her face behind her ear, "And that's why you couldn't lock me up the first time, the second time and why you won't for a third time."

"Wanna bet?"

"I'd bet all my money on that," He smirked, and eventually she was backed up against the wall, "And I'm talking about the real cash."

"Does Beth not give you enough?" Jade brushed him off as Rio glared back after being pushed away.

"Come on, let's make this shit like old times," He smiled, "This was your empire too."

"Like I said years ago, I don't wanna be a part of your counterfeit bullshit," Jade shook her head, "I became a bounty hunter so I could stop people like you."

"But it was your idea to start with," He added, "I just made it happen. You're the one who knows her shit."

He used to do this all the time; she remembered. He'd build her confidence, make her think she knew better. Even when Jade didn't.

Jade just always knew how to move the money, he'd be the one to advance it and make it is what it is today.

"How'd your associate get caught?" She asked, squinting my eyes.

"What does that matter?"

"He wouldn't have gotten caught if the someone hadn't cracked your transport method," Her eyes lit up, as Rio's face began to fade, "You're bothering me because you need a new way to transport your shit. You really do need my help."

"Jade-"

"And that's why you're trusting those suburban bitches," Jade laughed, "The FBI's up your ass and you need to pull anything you can keep it moving."

"You're not gonna respond?" She finally shouted, watching as Rio sat in silence, "Once again, you're trying to use me!"

"Hello!" Jade shouted again as she watched Rio get up and begin walking out, "Rio! Come back here! You fucking-"

"For what? You got me all figured out don't you?" He harshly stopped, spinning back to face her, "Ain't it plausible that i just miss having you around, that I was just throwing you a bone because you got in a tough spot."

"Cus you don't do that, everything with you comes with a damn price tag, Rio!" She argued.

"My names Christopher," He shook his head, "But I guess you forgot that."