Hurricane isles- Chapter 1- Magic is found

Midnight stared at the map like it was some sort of curse that forced her to look at it, she looked at her provisions, the food was barely enough, as for water, she had a few bottles also. She had to seek shelter that had food provisions and water resources which were vital for survival, and Hurricane Isles were perfect, it rained everyday and food resources were fruits that could withstand such weather were the Dasmal fruits. Those fruits could withstand the treacherous rain and water, taking all the minerals from the rainwater. The roots of the plats and the stem were as strong as metal, taking all the force from hurricanes and tornadoes easily.

     Once midnight reached Hurricane Isles, she quickly seeked cover as she predicted there was a tornado coming, the clouds were forming a funnel shaped object. She dodged low hanging branches and jumped over roots that were made by a mini jungle, a safe zone made for trees and plants to grow, shielded by the magic of one of the N.S. personnel before they died, they tried to keep this part safe right before the strong wind blew them apart. Midnight saw a curse circle surrounded by venomous snakes, one particularly stood out as it looked like it took every single part of a snake altogether and created a hybrid. In the middle of the magic square laid a stone with strange engravings, all of the snakes were staring at the stone, swaying a bit like they were hypnotized by that very stone. The one that stood out looked at midnight, eyes narrowed. Midnight gripped her dagger for comfort which didn't give much, she readied herself, hand with dagger lowered, left foot in front of the other. 

   The snake hissed" go away from here, you do not belong here intruder, only the champion of the stone can take it!" Midnight was shocked, how could she understand what was the snake saying? She stood, feet firm to the ground, she was getting sweaty, but she didn't care.

   "I was just interested in why there was a magic circle with these strange engravings with a stone, that cannot be possible unless a magic user drew it." Replied Midnight, "I also wish to find shelter, o great one." The snake seemed surprised, and then, all the snakes seemed to stop moving, all of their eyes concentrated on midnight.

   "No one understood me until 'she' came..." Murmured the snake," how is this possible?" All the other snakes erupted into series of hisses also, seeming to be confused.

   "Excuse me, but what are you all talking about? Who is 'she'? Who is the champion?" Questioned Midnight bravely out of nowhere.

   "Champion, let me introduce myself first, I am Luna, the protector of the snake whisperer." Explained the snake as it pointed its tail towards the stone in the middle of the circle," most of the intruders never understood me, and I know a bit of your language too also human." The snake continued,"The champion can understand me and the other two protectors as they can talk to humans, and this circle was created by a mage, yes, 'she' was the one who created it. 'She' was the one who made the largest sacrifice to save Ethalia, this island was part of the motherlands, Ethalia was the motherlands, before, here was all sand and no greenery, now it is rain and rain and rain with a few plants. Now, who are you?"

  "Midnight, I am on run from the N.S., they abducted my family for no reason with my father missing before they came to my home." Replied Midnight, not aware that she was speaking in the snake tongue.

   "Ah, you also know the snake tongue eh? Come, fellow champion, I'm afraid that the snake whisperer finally has an owner, do you have magic? Champion?" Asked Luna once more.

    "I think I have magic, but I do not know how to use it." Replied Midnight, getting into the conversation .

     "Come here and touch the stone, your magic will be shown." Luna said as she ushered midnight to the center of the circle, "If you are the champion, you will not be obliterated by this spell to prevent outsiders from getting the stone, if you are not, you will die." Luna explained grimly.

    "No Luna! We cannot trust a human! 'She' said that-" Raged a snake not agreeing with Luna's agreement.

    "NO! Crimson Sea's secrets shall all be revealed to the champion!" Snapped Luna.

     By this time Midnight was holding the stone, eyes glowing and dagger floating in the mid-air, forming red markings which looked like a snake. The argument stopped, and the stone was glowing pitch black, with a spiral hologram in the middle. All the snakes looked at the hologram in wonder whispering to each other in a chaotic way but seemingly in harmony at the same time to Midnight.

   "Crimson Sea is red, Topaz sea is dead, Atomic Sea is haunted, Curse Sea is taunted..." Chanted Midnight in a soulless tone. Then, Midnight collapsed. 

   Midnight jolted up, head ringing in complaint of the sudden wake up call. She was laying on a mossy stone, covered by some large leaves, Luna was there, seeming to be tinkering with a stone, the snake whisperer. 

   "Ah, you're awake! Here, drink some brine, made from the fruits around here." Luna smiled as she gave Midnight the brine. Midnight nodded, her throat was parched and dry. Therefore, she gulped the brine down, it was sweet, and rather nutritious as it was filled with fruit pieces. Luna handed Midnight her dagger, the handle of the dagger now had a snake pattern with a crimson glow to it. Midnight also received the stone, it was slightly cracked, with a slim crimson light dancing about. The stone had a string, it was made from a Dasmal root, one of the strongest variants of the Dasmal plant. The stone was rather light, and felt like nothing, but when Luna held it, she mentioned that it was very heavy unless the champion held it.

   A few weeks later, Luna announced"I shall be accompanying the champion in her journey's as a cobra, farewell, I hope that there will be no trouble, especially you. Tryant!" Then, Luna shifted into a cobra, which was slightly disgusting with the bone snapping and skin molding, otherwise, it was quite pleasant when Luna slithered onto Midnight's back.

  "Recently, there had been reports of a human above ground around here," Whispered Luna as she explained why did they need to find that human,"We believe that he/she might be making the winds stronger and might be trying to break the magic barrier that kept us safe for years, champion, if you manage to take this person down, I will be your friendly guide to this journey." Midnight nodded and peered at her First Sea map, she looked at where Luna was pointing and gulped. It was one of the most special caves in the First Sea, it was rather barren, but legend has it when the tide rises, the cave would be underwater and to make things harder, there was a snake beast there, guarding the countless treasures it had taken from bandits.

 "Thinking about the old legends eh?" Asked Luna as she hissed about, "yes, I am that snake beast, but I abandoned it when 'she' came, she offered me a place to live inside another cave when she foretelled that my old cave might be submerged when I first saw the snake whisperer." Luna continued as she flicked her tongue up and down,"eh, it was wise, but now there is another inhabitant in my old cave, that is a bit un-respectful, the should pay my rent in gold ingots. In other words, they need to PAY."

  Midnight was to busy to here Luna ramble about her 200 year life and just walked through the jungle like it was nothing more or less. They finally reached the border of the wind shield and the border of the jungle.

 "So what do we do now?" Questioned Midnight.

 "We fly." Answered Luna. Then she leaped outside the border and legitimately flew with a piece of leaf attached to her tail.(Doesn't matter if it is not the tail, I have the question of is the head longer or tail longer Lmao) Oh my god! Thought Midnight. Snakes don't really fly as they cannot.

 "How will I do it then?" Asked Midnight.

 "Oh, the snake whisperer can turn you to a snake when you are ready, for now, hold the stone and say this 'plasma shadow' it will help you as this spell creates a barrier made out from shadows and the plasma holds it up, the stone is related to shadow and plasma, that should help you." Explained Luna in a matter of factly tone. 

 Midnight nodded and grasped the stone, chanting," Plasma Shadow!" A shield formed around Midnight, and her dagger was brightly glowing in a black and purple aura. Midnight stepped out of the shield, uncertain. After a while she looked behind her and saw that the jungle was nowhere to be seen. Midnight was surprised, but shrugged it off, little did she know that the magic of the stone was not plasma and shadow, it was fire. The stone only helped her use her own magic...