Hurricane Isles-Chapter 3 Captured (part 2)

The girl walked into the cave and sniffed the air, nothing out of the ordinary as she sat down onto the obsidian tile. Something seemed weird off though, she lowered her ears and brushed her tail against the floor. Her tail acted like a sensory system as she touched the cool tiles. Nothing was the matter, though it was still feeling off. Her ears perked up, she heard movement behind the rocks and quietly stepped over to it. A sudden hissing sound was heard as she stepped closer to the rocks which caught her off guard.

Midnight thought of a distraction as she noticed the ground next to her had a puddle of water, actually, a pool of water that was crystal clear. Midnight dropped the stone into the water in high hopes that it would do something, it did, the water hissed and was evaporated by the stone. The mist wafted into the stone, causing it to glow in crimson color.

The girl noticed the dim light and whipped out her staff, cracking it open, inside of the wood was an orb. Midnight was stunned and directed her eyes to Luna, who spit acid onto the stone causing it to melt and sizzle. The girl was horrified, and shot her hand out as fast as light and caused the ball to hover in the air, forming a bright emerald aura around her body.

"Who is there!?" Questioned the girl in a nasty tone.

Midnight only then noticed that the stone was also reacting to the orb, a ruby aura forming in the marking slightly and in rather dim light.

The girl was getting frantic, she was now using both the orb and her own magic at the same time. Her blasts of magic were not aimed, but powerful enough to shatter rocks once hitting them. The girl struck the iron chain of the cage that connected it to the ceiling and raged, even more, her white hair turned ink black as she was partly consumed by the orb's magic and the aura glowed even darker. Sooner or later, white slits formed into her eyes and they glowed brightly, bringing the tide up. Midnight realized that she was trying to drown them along with herself.

The girl concentrated onto the orb and it enlarged, forming a protective shell around herself as she focused on rising the seawater and protecting herself while drowning the others. Midnight noticed the abnormality of the orb and saw the very scratch that Luna had used her acid on, by chance it could cause a leak.

"Hey! It seems like you forgot about the acid mark on your ball, eh? There might be a scratch on it!" Yelled Midnight trying to catch the girl's attention.

"What!?" The girl yelled in astonishment and receded the water that was seeping through Midnight's ankles and the cavern. The drenched table was blasted out and Midnight saw the flickering eyes of the girl that was storming.
The girl immediately caught the attention of the stone. She was surprised then used the orb and tried to take the stone. Midnight realized that quickly and blasted the orb out of the girl's control, weakening the girl's power by hundreds. The girl was momentarily distracted, and you could also see her eyes flickering from confused to anger and back.
Midnight had a theory that the orb was controlling the girl and that moment just proved her theory correct. Midnight had to destroy the orb to free the girl from the orb's evil curse, somehow, Midnight had a feeling that someone was behind the curse from the orb.
Midnight ducked just in time, causing the blast that the girl fired hit the cave wall and completely destroyed it. Midnight whipped out of the stone and begged it to do something to help her to free the girl.
Ever so slightly, the stone reacted in a crimson glow, enveloping Midnight in the bright glow that stunned both Luna and the girl. Clink! The girl temporally lost control of the orb and dropped it onto the floor, shattering the ball and causing it to shatter into shards of magic, thereupon evaporating into the mist that decorated the cavern.
But that was not the end, the influence of the orb had affected the girl and it was legitimately un-removable now, the only way was to slaughter the girl to give her freedom than to be imprisoned into a nightmare that the curse gave her.
Continuing to the bright glow as Luna smiled, knowing that the gift that 'she' gave her to protect has done its final job, to merge into the girl's dagger and to implant half of its magic into the user.
Midnight emerged from the glow to the girl, something seemed strangely off, like the intruder was there, but the commanded object's magic had been absorbed by the intruder herself.
Midnight reassembled as a snake with black colored scales with white diamond patterns with a crimson jewel that wielded the crimson curse on her forehead.

The girl sensed strong waves of magic radiating from Midnight, whoose eyes had changed to a pale yellow and had black slits that was as dark as the midnight skies.

Without warning, Midnight lashed out, and in that period of time, a lot of fighting was heard as the girl and Midnight fought like it was the end of tommorrow.

Midnight however, was not the one in control. In fact, she was entangled in a bunch of snake patterned chains, trying to hack her way out with her dagger.

"Stop struggling, let us have some tea!" A distant voice called.

Midnight was let go the moment the chains disappeared, and she gazed out to her left side, a shadow of a snake was there, with eyes glowing brightly as a thousand stars. The amount of detail put into the scales were incredible, each scale a different shade of blue ranged to magenta. The patterns changed everytime, resulting in the colors of the scales to be changed once again.

Tea was on top of a small desk with spiral engravings on it, Each spiral containing a ruby. The desk had a silky tablecloth on top with a teapot and tea cups. Both pottery types were white and had blue engravings which formed a snake.

The snake teleported next to the desk, dragging Midnight to the desk. It wrote on three cards that were hidden under the tablecloth the whole time. The ink was writhing on top of the paper, soon macterializing into 3D objects, one was a bottle of poison, the other a dagger, and the last was blurry.

A magical force ridded Midnight's sight, the snake just stayed silent as Midnight grew closer to the third card, which were fangs laced with poison. She touched it, then a wave of thick liquid washed over Midnight, her head seared in pain whilst Midnight shrieked in agony.

Just for that moment, Midnight saw a bare illustration of a pile of rocks, to be exact, a pile of obsidian with a snake perched on top of it, gazing off to the far distance of the sea. Surprisingly, this was the exact snake that Midnight had just met. The sea waves were crashing over the obsidian while the snake seemed completely unbothered by the reppelled water spray, still staring at the sea, confused, Midnight looked at that direction. Then the horrifying scene of pure fear started. An army of wolves, snakes and dragons were led by a wolf, the snake, and a dragon.

The snake was the stragetizer of the army, the wolf was the leader of close combat while the dragon was far combat. The snake stared at the battlefield, full of corpses of ghouls and corrupted magicians who have lost their way. Blood stained the water of the crimson sea as the snake whipped its tail back and forth, wiping the battling enemies row by row while the ruby glowed.

A plasma fireball was launched, immobilizing at least half of the army of ghouls as they were dust the moment the flames touched their pale skin, burning the magicians on the go. The wolves and close combat snakes were bitting, slashing and even pouncing on their enemies. The paralysis snakes were the first to attack, to ease the pain of the magicians death and to make it easier to slaughter them.

Long combat came in, archer wolves and flight wolves either shot at their enemies with flaming arrows or pick up their opponents and drop them to a life ending drop in seconds. Dragons launched extreme expertise in aiming their fireballs or the damage of their fire balls, wiping out the entire ghoul army.

A lone soul stood in the middle of the battle field, this was where the foreteller was sealed in, the hope rock, once corrupted, this was going to be bad for the future of Esthelia, which were connected by magic of the foreteller.

Crack!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was too good of a cliffhanger to not be used