Hurricane Isles-Chapter 2- Captured (part 1)

"The snake whisperer stone eh? It will make me immortal then, ha ha ha!" Sneered a wizard from delight, " I will be undefeatable, once I put all three stones together, I will live for eternity and I will be the strongest in the world, Esthelia will be remade and the Eighth Sea will be mine!"

 (Why the Eighth Sea dear reader? It is one of the unclaimed territories that is largely being fought over by pirates and much more, there is the dragon charm there, one of the components to make a human turn into a hybrid. And for the Cherry on top, it will combine with the werewolf howl and the Snake whisperer to create the hybrid soul.)

 "I feel uneasy about this..." Sighed Midnight as the hurricane wind blew at her face, way less powerful but already strong. Luna nodded in agreement, the leaf that was tied to her had broken, the only way to travel was with Midnight now. Luna was slightly injured even if she was hanging on a branch, really scratched as Midnight pulled her up. You could say that Luna was on the verge of death, you could say she wasn't as her tail was strong enough to swing her up onto Midnight's neck.

 Midnight strolled through the cliffs for a few minutes which felt like hours as the time was passing by really slowly as there was a time wizard here which altered the time to have some fun with time-space and got corrupted by time-space itself, legend has it that the wizard was still alive, seeking for the ultimate power. 

 "We are here, well, old memories, eh?" Sighed Luna, "Time-space is a teensy bit wacky around here. I was so used to the time-space being altered that when I came out, I was so surprised how fast things went outside there." Luna pointed through a border that was barely visible and explained, "I was hesitant at first, but then I could now catch up with the outside world was what took me out of that cave and into the glorious storms of terror."

 Midnight nodded, humming a song that her mother used to sing with her. That song was the key to all of Midnight's childhood memories.

 Luna murmured, "well would you look at that, you know the song of the wind! For information, we are here. Stop." Midnight peered down the cliff side, it was quite a long drop, leg shattering, I say. Midnight clutched the stone, hoping it to give her a spelling word to make her float up and be protected at the same time.

 The word popped up in her mind. Midnight thought that came from all of a sudden.

 "To cross this ravine, you need to say this-"Luna explained, "never mind!"

 " Plasma cloud." Midnight stated. 

 A purple cloud with lightning striking out from it tore itself away from the largest cloud and headed towards Midnight and she stepped on it with Luna on her neck, not aware that she never touched the stone and just summoned a cloud all by herself.

 "Okay, totally not going to question how you summoned a cloud without knowing the spell word or how to use it, but a few battling tips, never. I SAY NEVER say the WRONG word!" Warned Luna, "so the most common spell to use is the shadow bullet....."

 Here we are, Midnight thought, she readied her dagger and went into the cave, with Luna hissing in alertness. The stone walls echoed the footsteps of Midnight as she blended in with the shadows like her element in magic. Luna slithered off, gaining an advantage as she could easily climb on the cave walls without a problem.

 A shriek of terror was sounded and a few spells being cast were made, whimpering sounds were heard as Midnight heard Luna say the words calm down and I'm not here to hurt you.

 "Come in Midnight." Luna hissed as Midnight stepped into the cave. The cave was large with a mossy interior, there was a cage on the ceiling, made out of metal. The cage was rusted and painted over to make it look like obsidian, inside the cage was a boy, he looked pale and he was trembling in fear.
 "Okay, this might be new to you but do not worry. How did you get here for starters?" Asked Midnight to calm the boy as Luna slithered around the cage, trying to find the lock.
 "For-forget it okay! This cell has no door because of the wizard!" Cried the boy, " She-she, melded the door together and cursed it so that only she can break it."
 Midnight closed her eyes and sat on the ground, the ground was smooth and chilly, somehow reminding her of the coldness of the N.S. as she looked into one of their eyes.
Midnight pieced the puzzle bit by bit, eventually finding a way to break the cage and the suitable element to do so.
 "Luna! Can you change your poison!?" Midnight asked. Luna nodded and understood that she needed to spit out acid to melt a hole in the cage to let out the boy. Luna's elemental was poison, but she went a further step and could summon acid.
 Luna summoned acid to her fangs, then, she spit it out. The acid melted the cage instantly and formed a hole just big enough for the boy. The boy looked wary at first, then he climbed out. Luna looked at Midnight for a solution to bring the boy to the ground.
 It was too late, the boy slipped and fell headfirst to the ground.
 "No!" Screamed Midnight. The boy only had a few minutes out of his prison and he was already going to die, he was smiling though as if he had fulfilled his destiny. Midnight acted without thinking, reaching her hand out in that split second and caught the boy with her magic, she summoned a cloud again and the cloud caught the boy's limp body.
 Upon closer investigation after catching the boy, Midnight saw his bony structure and knew that he was underfed and by the cage on the ceiling,   she also knew that the water could rise up to the level of the cage's bars, wetting the bottom of the cage when the tide was high.
 Footsteps were heard, Midnight spun around violently and stuffed the boy behind a rock, careful not to break his weak spine and rib cage. She inspected the dim shadow of the figure as he or she approached, the figure was holding a torch, wielded a staff and had a hood covering most of the face. Midnight assumed that it was a male as the way the figure was walking. But on closer inspection, it was a female.
"Who's there!?" Hollered the voice. Midnight hid in the shadows of the cave's interior whilst Luna slithered onto the chain of the cage and stayed there, wrapped up in a ball. Midnight's mind began to race as she thought of the solution to get out of this mess.

  A young witch stepped into the cave, her eyes were dull without any signs of emotion in them, the red hue and a faded pupil was the only thing in her eyes. Her hair was silky but it was the color white fading into a faint purple. The witch was wearing a robe of some sort, chest plate and armor combined into one. The witch twitched her ear and brushed her tail against the smooth obsidian tiles that she created. These types of witches were hybrids, often sprouting ears and tail of animals. 

 Midnight's father was one of those kinds, but with the ability to change fully animal with further training that killed dozens of young witches as they were consumed by the beast inside them. Even fewer could have multiple animals AND change into them like her father. Alas, the N.S. killed her father in search for his ways to change into one. As for those who could not succeed to change into their complete animal form, wolves for example, they would turn into werewolves. Pretty much more hostile and they will completely lose memory of their magic and how to use it.