3: Moon And Sun (Rewritten!)

Breaks:

[L1,2 or 3] represents the beginning of a flashback to one of Elena's past lives. There is more than one past life, which is why I have put up the numbers. These memories are usually told as she sleeps and Elena herself cannot remember them.

[/L1,2 or 3] represents the end of a flashback to one of Elena's past lives.

[P] represents the beginning of a retelling of a memory in Elena's current life.

[/P] represents the end of a retelling of a memory in Elena's current life.

~3~ is just a time skip

_______________________

A full day had passed since the strangers had arrived at the island. I had spent my morning in the woods, retrieving wood for the fire and food for Botan to eat throughout the day. But by the time that noon came about, the nagging feeling that had built up all morning in my chest became too much for me to continue to ignore.

This lead me to find a tall tree with a clear view of the beach, with a sturdy branch that I could relax on. Nearby were some fruit trees, used to snack on as time passed, which also provided just enough canopy to not be seen from afar. That was where I spent the rest of my day, weaving to pass the time productively, the feeling in my chest significantly reduced with each glance I sent towards the beach.

The loom that I used was small, meant for long cloths that can be made into bandages, which meant that I didn't necessarily have to be inside the Summit Tree in order to use it. And with an occasional visit from a curious Moon who wondered what I was up to, I made sure that the travelers from the sea stayed near the beach.

[L1]

The glass of pressed fruit juice in my hand was cool. Heat that radiated from my hand had created beads of condensation that trickled down the sides of the glass slowly. Even so, I gratefully sipped at the beverage and hummed as it soothed my parched throat.

Music that was played live echoed throughout the village. The lively tunes were made by string instruments and punctuated by the beat of drums.

Eliatropes danced in the village square, just outside the Temple of Conversing. Tables adorned with various finger foods had been set up, along with the table for beverages, around the perimeter of the village square. Lanterns had been hung all throughout the area, and lit as the sun began to sink in the sky, so that the square was well illuminated.

My cheeks were flushed from all the dancing I've already participated in this evening. With my skin so warm and heart still pumping wildly, it was nice to simply stand aside and watch the others have fun.

Most of the Eliatropes participated in a singular dance; where you danced with multiple partners in rotation and changed partners with every repeat of the short tune. But there were also Eliatropes (like Chibi and Mina) who danced only together- and to a tune that only they heard- near the edges of the square.

It was the festival of the Goddess Eliatrope and the Great Dragon, in celebration of their protection over us during the previous year. Each Eliatrope wrote what they've learned in the past year (in regards to their chosen life skill) in a singular, large tome. Then we would offer the knowledge to the Goddess and the Great Dragon to prove our worth for their protection in the next year to come. Afterwards, the Eliatropes would gather together to share the best of the year's harvest, sing to the Goddess Eliatrope and the Great Dragon, and spend the rest of the day in celebration for the year to come.