5: Old And New (Rewritten!)

Breaks:

[L1,2 or 3] represents the beginning of a flashback to one of Elena's past lives. There is more than one past life, which is why I have put up the numbers. Though, these memories are usually told as she sleeps and Elena herself cannot remember them.

[/L1,2 or 3] represents the end of a flashback to one of Elena's past lives.

[P] represents the beginning of a retelling of a memory in Elena's current life.

[/P] represents the end of a retelling of a memory in Elena's current life.

~3~ is just a timeskip

AN: Enjoy the story!

______

By the time I had made it to the Summit Tree, my entire body shook. There was a terrible pain in my chest, just below where my heart should be, and every one of my nerves felt like they were on fire. Just wearing clothes hurt, and I worried if anything had melted into my skin.

Shakily, I somehow managed to use one last portal to get to the top of the totem. The soft breeze of the sea and cold of the stone totem felt wonderful on my heated skin. Unable to do much more than simply collapse in place, I was glad at how soft the totem felt- like I had laid down on a cloud.

[L1]

A happy sigh left me as I turned about on the ball of my foot before I flopped down onto my bed. My body bounced somewhat off the mattress as I turned on my side to grab my body length pillow and hugged it to my chest tightly. There was a rabble of butterflies inside me still, tickling at my stomach pleasantly ever since I had joined Yugo today. In fact, this particular feeling would always appear around him lately, or even when I thought of him.

Whenever I had a chance to, it seemed, my mind would wander to him. Which can be rather troublesome when speaking to others... for example, several times someone has spoken to me and something with what they said has reminded me of him- then my face is hot and the person who had been speaking to me has a look on their face that wonders what could be wrong with me...

Now alone in my room though, I am free to let the smile (which is surely salacious) that I had held in free. Unable to stay still, I rolled about the soft surface of my bed with the pillow still clutched in my arms. I felt so happy the entirety of the time I had spent with Yugo, and knowing that I could do the exact same tomorrow sent a sense of elation through me.

I'm not sure how long I had spent on my bed thinking about tomorrow, but it only felt as though a second had passed before I heard the low sweep of wings beat at the air. My eyes opened (when did I close them?) and I spotted my sister swoop into the bedroom from the large open terrace that had been built for her. Her black scales shimmered against the fire light at the top of the large room, and her wings folded neatly at her sides when she landed.

Large purple eyes immediately found me as the quadrupedal reptile walked over to her large bed (which was just a large slab of heat-stone) to lay down. My smile became much more welcoming as I felt Tehanu's own happiness leak over our link and into me.

"Why are you so happy?" She asked me gently, twinkling eyes watching me.

I rolled over from my back to my side, so that I could face her. "I had a good day." I responded, and hid my smile my pillow. "I brought dinner with me to visit a friend and we spent the evening talking about our years away from the village."

My sister had unfurled one of her sublime wings to start her preening before bed, and paused with her tongue sticking half out with a thoughtful look on her face. Then she turned to me with an all too innocent look. "You were with Yugo?" She asked, and the mere mention of his name set the rabble of butterflies off again.