2: Already Seen (Rewritten!)

Breaks:

[L1,2 or 3] represents the beginning of a flashback to one of Elena's past lives. There is more than one past life, which is why I have put up the numbers. Though, these memories are usually told as she sleeps and Elena herself cannot remember them.

[/L1,2 or 3] represents the end of a flashback to one of Elena's past lives.

[P] represents the beginning of a retelling of a memory in Elena's current life.

[/P] represents the end of a retelling of a memory in Elena's current life.

~3~ is just a time skip

AN: Enjoy the story!

_______________

Laying on his back was a very unconscious person. One tanned hand was over his chest while the other was above his head, grip tight around the handle of his sword. Hair, orangey-red in color, was stuck up on his head in a massive cowlick, very much resembling a flame. His face was uncovered, leaving the pink skin on his cheeks and the bridge of his nose to the mercy of the hot sun. From what I could tell, there was no wooden mask to be seen anywhere in the vicinity, and I briefly wondered if his village had cast him out too.

Adverting my eyes shyly from his face- in case he had simply lost his mask at sea- I noticed how his mouth was left hung open. I could only imagine how dry his throat would be when he woke up to the sun beating down on him like this. Luckily his tunic was mostly white and wouldn't hold too much heat, even if his trousers were black.

Carefully crouched beside him, I tentatively placed the back of my palm against the male's forehead. With a second sweep of my eyes, I noticed how his arms seemed to be cut up pretty badly- as though he had faced something exploding in front of him. They were still bleeding, but not as much as they would have been if the injuries were still fresh.

With my jaw set and my lips pressed in a thin line, I contemplated what to do. In my satchel I had some medical supplies that would help him heal. Even if I left him though, I knew that this person was in no serious danger of death. My eyes wandered the red-head's figure, taking in the wounds and considering what I could do to help.

[P]

The shadows of the forest were cool as I slowly picked my way across the ground. Roots and rocks stuck up from the dirt, hoping to catch my feet and trip me as I walked. My stomach grumbled, and I wondered for the fifth time that day what I could eat that was within my reach.

Moon didn't like to come down to the village if he could help it, and often left me alone when I went. I briefly thought about my magic, how new to me it was and how unstable it could be, then immediately dismissed it as an idea to get me out of here faster. I couldn't risk using the portals on myself just yet.

"STAY BACK!"

My head whipped up towards the sound, startled. The voice sounded young, even younger than me, and it sounded frightened and in pain. It was also much too far from the village to be heard by it's people.

Forgetting my hunger, I surged forwards at a run when I heard another yell quickly turn into pained sobs. Luckily it didn't take very long for me to reach them, but I couldn't help the sudden frightened beat of my heart when I saw the Bow Wow pacing at the edge of a three meter drop to the craggy stone beach. Breath hitched in my chest, I felt absolutely frozen from my fear as the animal noticed me and turned it's hungry, wild eyes towards me.

It let out a low growl that shook it's chest as it turned towards me. The sobs that had called me here came from beyond the animal, and had stopped. All that I truly knew in that moment was the Bow Wow and me. It took a step towards me, and I flinched back instinctively.