Twenty-eight

Minho covers his and Taehyung's body, is about to shout at his fellow vampire, but Taehyung's eyes suddenly turn purple. He's looking at Jeongguk, who's turning his head to check his neck. There's just a scratch, the other had only scrated over the skin with his canines, fortunately didn't bite him yet.

"Oh thanks fuck, I've arrived in time." Jeongguk exhales deeply, only now seeing what Minho sees. "Taehyung, are you okay?"

"Mate." The Omega pulls Jeongguk down, sniffing his neck and growling loudly. "Mine." Another growl sounds, when Minho tries to move closer to Jeongguk.

Taehyung isn't in his right mind, at least not in his human mind. The wolf in him knows exactly what it wants, but Jeongguk gets up. It's not because he's unhappy about it, it's because he wants Taehyung to claim him and not his wolf only.

Minho had secretly covered Taehyung's body completely, as the latter was distracted by Jeongguk's scent. "I think Tae and I need to talk, can you leave us alone for now? I promise I won't finish it."

Jeongguk is hesitating at first, then nods. "Yeah. Yeah, you're right, you both should talk and then can you please send him over to my room when Taehyung's human self is back?"

"Sure. I can't talk to his wolf anyway so I have to wait, too. Oh and about Yugi, if Taehyung comes to you, can you tell him to meet me outside the coven, he'll know where." Minho looks to the ground, there's so much tension in his room, you could cut it with a knife.

"Will do, don't worry. I know you both like each other, I had hoped that you would tell him you don't want to mate." Jeongguk snorts, smiling afterwards. "Seems like fate is stronger, huh?"

Minho should be mad, but isn't. He feels lighter, better, now that it's out in the open. "Yeah, sometimes we forget how strong it is and that we can't trick it."

Jeongguk silently agrees. With a last look at Taehyung, who still is staring at him with his purple eyes, he leaves the room and goes to his own to wait for Yugyeom.

When the Omega can no longer see its fated mate, it lets Taehyung return, to take control of body and soul.

Minho immediately knows when the eyes are back to brown. "Hon- Tae? You okay?"

"Y-Yes, I guess. What happened? My wolf took completely over, I couldn't see anything anymore. The voices were suppressed, though, I could smell something really familiar and addicting." He furrows his brows to remember the scent, but Minho is faster to explain it to him. "Jeongguk was here, stopped me from doing the biggest mistake I was about to do."

Taehyung slowly comes back to his senses, his hand immediately goes up to his neck and he can feel liquid on it. "We did it? No, there's no mark and I don't feel a connection to you."

"No we didn't, but it was so close." Minho shows him his thumb and index with literally no space in between the finger tips.

"Fuck! So Jeongguk came and prevented you from doing it?" That Taehyung is shocked is an understatement.

"Yes. Right in time." The vampire chuckles.

It should be awkward by now, fortunately, it isn't. They're still naked, but the big blanket is tightly wrapped around their bodies.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, where both of them think about everything and nothing, Minho breaks it. He has to talk to Taehyung about something. "Tae, we really need to talk."

The Omega looks up with a pout. Has a hunch about what's coming and if he's honest, he's not afraid of it. "Definitely."

"I'm gonna start, if that's okay for you." Minho waits for a nod, what comes immediately. "So, first of all, let's break up. I think after what has happened, it's obvious that we aren't meant to be." A small chuckle leaves his mouth.