○•°s i x°•○

Theres levels of status or popularity.
On the top is the coolest kids. I.e, techno, Jordan, Dan, Will, etc..

Schlatt was in the middle. He was neutral. If he confessed to Wilbur, it would end bad.

If he said no, Wilbur would tell everyone. It would get out that he was gay and hed be the scum of the school. Wilbur would stop being friends with him.

If he said yes, theyd date, and word would get out that they were gay. Theyd be the scum of the school, and wilbur would break up with him. Hed lose his friends.

Which, for the record, he wasnt gay! He was bi. But in highschool youre gay or straight, apparently.

Either way, this was ending bad.

Meanwhile, Wilbur is trying not to scream. His entire body went numb. He was hoping what he thought it was. The only person hed talked to about liking schlatt was Tommy, who understood, and wouldnt tell.

"Yyeah?" He asked, his cheeks were heating up. Schlatt shook his head quickly "nevermind, its nothing," he said, wiping off his face with his sleeves that had nothing on it.

Wilbur gently pushed his arms down, revealing his face "come on, tell me. Please," he stared into the shorter boys eyes, waiting patiently for an answer.

Schlatt turned away, leaving his hands placed down on Wilburs. His face was turning redder by the second, "No its nothing, really.." he assured Wilbur. "Obviously it isnt nothing if you were going to tell me, and even if it is.. I wanna know," he said back to schlatt.

"Okay, well, how do i put this, uh.. youre.. really sweet, like honey. And honeys really good- it just makes me happy, like you make me happy. And i really like honey, a lot..Despite the bad things that happen." He stumbled his way through a sentence, hoping wilbur would understand.

And he did, he understood completely. "Tea is like life, honeys like you." He said, adding onto Schlatts metaphor "i hate tea but honey makes it bearable. And good."

Thick, awkward silence lingered in the air around them. It flew around bith of them, daring them to talk. Finally, schlatt spoke "I guess i really like you. Is what i mean."

Wilbur laughed a bit "i know, Schlatt. I really like you aswell." There was silence again, but it wasnt awkward. It was filled with feelings. To let them both sit and think about the words they gave and heard. Schlatt looked down at Wilburs broken, wrapped and levitated leg. Even though it was horribly twisted it was very admirable. It belonged to his hopefully-soon-to-be boyfriend.

He scooted closer to Wilbur, feeling his hand get immediately grasped. He looked down at their hands, despite jsut confessing his love, he turned red. He hadnt actually thought hed confess- he thought if wilbur did like him, hed spill first, but apparently not.

They both inched their way together til their noses were side-by-side. Schlatt could see every deep detail in Wilburs eyes, and they were all beautiful and perfect. The gap between their lips was filled quickly, and with that, wilburs sparkling eyes were covered, but still beautiful. And no longer visible, Schlatt had shut his eyes after wilbur. Their hands and arms moved just to get them closer together.

It seemed like it lasted for hours. They were both kissing for so long. Wilbur began seeing fuzzy stars in the edges of his eyes, he had lost his breath to schlatt but at this point he didnt care, he didnt need air if he had to give up a kiss with schlatt.

The thing that got him to pull back was the footsteps he heard by his door, but he was too late. An image his,mother has walked in on: Wilbur and Schlatt inches away from each other. Schlatts left arm around wilburs neck with the other occupying his waist, doing the same. Wilburs right hand on schlatts chest and his left hand up by his collar bones, fingertips hooked on the edge of his shoulder.

They both immediately retracted from their state before. His mom wasnt surprised at all, she jsut grabbed the laundry from his,laundry basket and walked out, shutting the door behind her.

Wilbur and schlatt stared at each other for a second and burst out laughing. His mom called out to them, "go to sleep, soon. Its a school night and its almost 10!"

Wilbur got up and hobbled over to the lights. He flicked off the lights, making it almost completely dark except for the street lights and the lava lamp in the corner. He laid down next to schlatt on his back, holding his hand. They fell asleep together relatively quickly.

○ ¤ ¤ ¤ ○

soft melody of a song Wilbur had covered in the past played through the thin speaker of his phone, 'i am a familiar creek in your floorboards' was the name. He found it relaxing. He stood up, reaching over schlatt and grabbing his phone, sliding the red X to the right and turning off his alarm.

He noticed the crutches his mother had put out for him, a gesture he appreciated. The bus would arrive at 6:50-ish. Which means he could let Schlatt sleep for maybe 20 minutes. He lifted himself put of the room with,his foot elevating as he went downstairs with his crutches. His mom wasnt there, which was odd, from her normal routine of always being there.

He wasnt complaining, though. He grabbed a water bottle from a plastic container of water from the floor and chugged it, throwing away the plastic remnants. A unique and healthy way to start the morning.

He made himself a bowl of cheerios, honey nut. How delicious, and referencing to their talk last night. He still couldnt believe such an amazing boy was his boyfriend. He slipped in a seat, putting his crutches down to lean against the table. His eyes were slipping shut every so often. A very tired gesture.

He felt soft arms wrap around his waist and almost jumped out of his seat screeching. "Good morning, Wilbur," the voice called over his shoulder. "Morning," he replied half-heartedly. His eyes were now open, and he was still eating.

"Id make you a bowl, but you know where its all at and my legs broke.." he laughed a bit, watching Schlatt make cereal and sit next to him.

This morning was perfect- it was the first morning he was with someone he liked. It wasnt too bad.

[AN: HIHIHIHIHI! im sorry this chapters so late but i wanted to make it perfect for yall and i hope you like it! It took forever smh, but this is chapter 6! See you in chapter 7]