○•°e i g h t°•○

Ouch.

Schlatt was very well aware that Wilbur was mad.

i mean, it was only right. Schlatt was being a bit of a-- an asshole. admittedly.

but to wake up and find the bed empty was a new kind of sharp small pain hed never experienced. hed been waking up with the love of his life beside him and for one morning to just, yknow.. have that gone.

Wilburs okay. hes just mad, he told himself.

once downstairs, he found the house empty. Wilbur mustve been outside for the bus or something- but no, actually, it already left. because seconds later he checked the time, and its 7am.

so he got himself ready, grabbed something to eat and made sure his face was clear of acne, the good stuff. he was on his way to school after that, walking. he hated walking to school. especially cause of the distance. but what else was he supposed to do?

Wilbur, on the other hand, was on the road on the bumping bus. he decided Schlatt needed time and honestly- he wasnt too concerned about him. he was fine on his own.

he arrived at the school as he usually did, earlier than usual. the school had a set time kids were allowed to go inside, and he arrived before then every day, but today was different.

he sat down on the concrete outside the doors and put in his earbuds, wire connected obviously to his phone. he put a few songs by Crywank into a playlist (his personal favorite songs) and was listening to it. his crutches sat beside him.

sometime in the playlist, 'I am shit' came on, and just as it started, a girl was approaching him.

he figured this girl wanted to speak to him and because of this he turns down his music volume and takess out an earbud.

Wil was currently crosslegged. the girl had smiled as a way to reassure him she was friendly. once she was sat in front of him on her knees, she spoke to him. "Hi. im Niki,"

"Nice to meet you, Niki, im Wilbur." the girl in front of him wore a striped sweater, and some sort of brand of pants he didnt recognize, but they were black and wider around the ankles.

"What are you doing out here alone, Wilbur? id figure a man like you would have some sort of friends to talk to." He couldnt quite place his finger on what her accent was. but it wasnt American.

"Im just waiting for them to show up. yknow? my bus got to school early." heres the part its awkward and he has to think of what to say now.

good thing hes so good at improvising. "Are you new here? i havent seen you around," he says, going on and explaining his question.

"Actually, i am new." that would explain why Wil was who she went to. making friends, probably.

"You know your way around, right? maybe you could show me around before school starts?"

"of course. id be happy to give you the grand tour." hes now grinning widely. something to get his mind off of schlatt and let him relax.

soon, they were allowed to go inside. and because of that, hes showing Niki around, now. telling her where everything is at and taking her there, explaining what happens when, all she'll need for being in this school. obviously hes walking quite slow due to his broken leg, and Niki still managed to match his pace.

once hes finished, breakfast is nearly over and he tells her he needs to catch up to his friends. well, more hobble, being on crutches.

"Oh, yeah. i get that, have a good day, Wilbur!"