Seven

escape
————

"Leda, wait." The girl ignores Poe and continues to make her way to her stolen ship. She's a few feet away when his hand grabs onto her left arm. She tries to tug her arm away, but he has a firm hold. Leda whines and rolls her eyes before turning to face the pilot, seeing that he's changed into his orange pilot overalls.

"What?" She asks aggressively, which makes Poe let go of her.

"Sorry, I just- what are you doing?"

"I'm leaving." Leda tells him shortly, wanting nothing more than to get away from this man and the planet.

"Why? I'm sure we could use your help."

"You don't need my help. Besides, I'm not going to go against the one thing my mother asked of me."

"Not even once?" Poe persisted, only annoying Leda further.

"No." She told him firmly. "I'm leaving and I'm not coming back, so goodbye."

The girl didn't wait for an answer before turning around and finally entering her ship. She took off and left Poe standing in the same place he had been during their conversation, the man watching as Leda flew away.

"Goodbye." His voice barely reached a whisper. He didn't want her to go. A few minutes went by with Poe staring at the sky, nothing going through his mind. He paid no attention to the loud noises around him, or the people rushing past him. He would've stayed there for a while longer if Finn hadn't gotten his attention.

"Come on, we've got a base to blow up."

Poe let the other man bring him away, but he couldn't help but feel like something was wrong.

+

As Leda pulled out of hyper speed, she realised something was wrong. The planet she was approaching had a familiar band of what must have been metal on its surface, a giant circle on one side. It took her a moment to realise that she was looking at Starkiller Base.

Leda desperately tried to go back into hyperspace, but before she could fly off her ship had landed in a hangar on the base. Through her panicked state, she didn't notice the loose floorboards that she could've hidden herself in.

She didn't notice a lot of things, but she didn't have time to notice them as a few moments after her ship turned off, two stormtroopers boarded the spacecraft. Silencing her protests with a hit to the cheek with a blaster, the troopers dragged her out into the hangar and then to a holding cell.

Unnecessarily, she was shackled onto a chair, her body upright and in pain from the little care they had put into moving her. The girl was left facing a wall, her thoughts on the pain in her thigh and her cheek, the feeling of warm blood oozing out of the cut.

Leda was in trouble, and she knew it. She had never been in a situation like this one, and she realised that even if she got out of this room, she wouldn't know how to get away from this base. She wanted to cry, but she pushed that feeling away, not wanting to waste her energy on something that wouldn't help her. Instead, she closed her eyes and waited.

After what must have been hours, the sound of someone's heavy footsteps echoed slightly through the nearly empty room, causing Leda's eyes to flutter open. A pale face greeted her, the owner of that face watching her closely.

The person was a man that Leda didn't expect to recognise. She didn't remember seeing his dark hair on anyone else, or his brown eyes that seemed to show a story that Leda couldn't read. There was an air of power in his stance, something that was, again, unfamiliar to the girl.