Chapter 1

Third Person's POV

"Boys come downstairs for a minute," Lucy called her two boys downstairs before she was about to head out for the day.

"Hey mom", said Michael

"What's up mom", said Sam

As they got downstairs and entered the kitchen, there stood their mom holding a cup of coffee in her hands. She was looking out the window and she seemed to be in deep thought.

"Boys have a seat I need to talk to you," she said without looking at them.

Michael and Sam gave each other a look before sitting down at the kitchen table. Lucy sighed before turning to face her boys.

"Do you boys remember my best friend Krista?" She waited a minute for them to both nod their heads before she continued.  

She looked back out of the window before saying, "She has just recently passed away in a car accident along with her son and husband...."

"Wait I thought she had a daughter?" Michael asked. "Yeah, I thought she had a daughter too?" Sam said agreeing with his older brother. 

She looked at her boys with a sad smile before turning to look out the window again. "She does but she was not in the car during the time of the accident."

"So that means she is alive. That is good but why are you telling us all this?" Michael asked.

"It would seem that Krista put my name down in case anything were to happen to her and her husband. I would get her kids because they have no other family to care for them. She and her husband were both an only child having no brothers or sisters and both of their parents have already passed away from old age."

Lucy stopped a second to take a drink of her coffee before she continued.

"Since her daughter is still underage and has no place to go I have been asked to take her until she is 18. The reason I am telling you boys this is because I want to make sure it is okay with the both of you before I bring someone else into our family. I know it has been hard with us recently moving here and everything. I just know that adding someone else to the family can make things harder."

Michael stood up and walked over to his mother. He could see the battle she was having with herself and he wanted to help make his mother's decision easier. He gently grabs her coffee out of her hands and set it beside her. Then he put his hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes before saying,

"Mom, calm down. Sam and I are completely fine. I have started making friends with a group of guys, even met a cute girl, and Sam here has even started making friends with some boys at the comic book store. So don't worry about us we are okay with having a sister. It would be a good change around here. Don't you agree Sammy?"

"Ya, mom it would be awesome to have a sister. I could teach her all about comic books and show her who the best superhero is and everything. It will be awesome!"

Michael smiled at his little brother before turning back to his mother, " See mom we are fine, but Kylie isn't, she doesn't have anyone else. She is all alone and you always talk about how important family is, so let's help her by making her part of the family."

"He is right mom, she needs us. Taking in her daughter Kylie is the least we can do for Krista." Sam also could see the battle is mother was having with herself.

Lucy smiled at both of her boys. She wanted the best for her boys, but she knew she couldn't leave a girl alone when she had no one else to go to. She had too big of a heart to do that to her, especially after Kylie had lost everyone she loved, and it put her mind at ease with her boys agreeing she should get Kylie and bring her back here.

The boys also thought it would be good for their mother to have a girl around. It isn't always the easiest living with 3 boys. Having a girl around the house should make things easier for their mom as she wouldn't be as lonely being the only female there.

Lucy hugged both of them at the same time, "Thank you both for always being understanding." Then she kissed the tops of their head before letting them both go from the hug, but not before giving them one last tight squeeze. 

"Okay since you both are okay with having another girl around I will head out to go pick her up."

"Wait what about work mom?" Michael asked.

"Don't worry I talked to Max about it last night and he said he understood. So he moved me from the day shift to the night shift. "

"Oh, well that is good. When are you leaving?" He asked.

"Now actually. I need to be back before work."

"Okay be safe on the way up there."

"Ya be careful mom. I don't want to be stuck with Grandpa for a long time... ouch! What the heck Michael?! What was that for?!" Sam yelled after Michael hit him in the arm.

"You two cut it out and Michael keep an eye on your little brother," Lucy said as she started walking out the kitchen towards the front door.

"But mom he is old enough to be by himself, " Michael complained.

"Ya mom, I can take care of myself,"  Sam said trying to reason with his mother.

"No buts about it, I will see you both later tonight with Kylie and you two better be on your best behavior while I'm gone," and with that, she was out the door.

And with that, the Emerson's house is about to get a new family member, a girl at that.

________________________________

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow me :)