Chapter 6

"Ok," Isen said, nodding his head while he clapped his hands again. He held out his hands, and Alexandria placed her hands on top of his, palm facing up. "Do you remember the story that goes with this?" he asked, cocking his head and studying her with bright gray eyes filled with merriment and contempt.

"Yes," Alexandria said while she nodded her head. She shifted on her butt, and I could tell that she was getting impatient with the male before her. Her brows were furrowed while she stared at him with big gray eyes and filled with tears, and again, the male before me melted like butter. "So, start," she whined and pouted while she cocked her head. "Pwease?"

Isen rolled his eyes and huffed teasingly. "Fine," he gruffed, and I bit back a snort of amusement. He turned to look at me and grinned innocently before he turned his attention back to my daughter. "Ok," he said, looking at her, grinning. "So, there once was a m-"

"No," Alexandria said, interrupting him. "Not man. Don't do that one." She pouted and earned a laugh from the Dryad, who flung his head back and closed his eyes while he laughed. "Uncle Isen!" my daughter exclaimed with a huff. She tried to pout, but a smile appeared on her lips instead. "Not funny."

"Is too," Isen replied. "It is funny, and your mother can agree." He looked at me and flashed me a wink when I rolled my eyes and scowled. Amusement flickered through his eyes while he smiled innocently, knowing full well where this conversation would go.

"Oh no," I said. "Don't get me into this conversation again." I sat down in a chair and watched how Isen interacted with my daughter, not meeting my mate's gaze. My cheeks were slightly red from the attention I received from him, but I didn't look at him and meet his questioning gaze. I couldn't, not yet. "This is between you and Alexandria."

"Is not," both Alexandria and Isen said in unison. They narrowed their eyes at me and scowled, and I knew that I would not be able to win this conversation because we've had it many times before today. "All of us."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "It is not all of us," I said. I pointed at Isen, and he grinned innocently. "Will you continue with the story, please, so that you can get out of my hair?"

Isen scoffed, and his mouth dropped to the floor. "What?" he asked, widening his eyes in shock. He placed a hand over his heart and scoffed again. "Are you that tired of me?" he asked with a mock pout, and I rolled my eyes.

I gave him a blank look and blinked, slowly, unamused. "I am so tired of you that I am about to call your mother and have her remove you from my presence."

Isen's face grew pale as soon as I said that, while his eyes grew wide. He shook his head so hard that I thought he would have had it removed if it wasn't screwed on right. "Don't," he said. "Don't call my mother. She'll kill me if you call her."

"I thought you told me that it was hard to kill a Dryad," I said, giving him a weird look. "I mean, that is what you told me a long time ago."

Isen stopped shaking his head and cocked it. He studied me with his eyes turning different colors while his mood changed. Gray and blue filled his eyes when he cleared his throat and looked away before he looked back at me. "Well, it is," he replied. "However, there is a way that we can turn mortal and then killed. I'm sure that my mother will do that if you tell on me."

I smirked. "I know," I teased. "Your mother told me that. Remember?"

Isen shook his head and cleared his throat again. "I am surprised that she did," he mused. "Mom is very particular about who she tells that information to, especially since her bloodline is one of the oldest."

I nodded because I knew that, too. "We can talk about it later," I said. "I know that you had been wanting to talk to me about your bloodline and stuff but didn't know how to without pissing off your mom."