Chapter One

Yay! This is my first Chapter. It took me a while to sort everything out. The characters the plot and everything. I stay up really late on most nights trying to plan out everything so I hope this is really worth it.

Oh, and you can just skip the first paragraph since you probably already read it so yeah. I really hope you enjoy this and see how long this'll last.

My name is Avery Evans and I have a demon inside me. No, I am not kidding. I am speaking the truth. Long ago a powerful Demon that went by the name of Abaddon was on the Brink of destroying the world with his fellow Demon Army. But, My father, who was the most powerful Demon Hunter of his time, sealed him inside me with the help of my Demon mom. Yes, I'm half-demon with a Demon for a mother. But all this happened ages ago which means I'm very old. As well as my brother. Yes, I also have a brother and his name is Nate. He's a year older than me and we protect each other. We're very old but we don't look like it since we're half demon but we've been on the run for a very long time from Demon Hunters. Our Demon mom doesn't care very much about us. Probably out looking for humans to eat. But since the Demon Hunters who knew that we were half Demon are all dead so me and Nate were living in peace for the past decade so I guess that's good.

Me and my brother Nate lived near the Black Lagoon where no one bothered going to since it where most Demons stake out. We have a cottage that was the only thing our dad left for us before he was slaughtered. The trees around here and a small corn field so all was good. As I stood in the kitchen making food for me and Nate. I take two bowls from a cabinet and set it on the table. I wore jeans with brown laced boots and a simon colored blouse. I waited impatiently for my twin brother. We both had raven black hair with silver eyes that we got from our dad. After what felt like an hour he stumbled down the stairs with his hair mused with a plain blue shirt and gray pants and running shoes.

"Hey sis, we have to go to town today..." he trailed off.

I groaned at that. I hated going anywhere across the land. I didn't mind going to the small corn field just west of here. "Do we have to? You know I hate going out. There could be Demons roaming around and whatnot you know." I said trying to find an excuse. "Or! You can go by yourself."

He rolled his eyes. "Come on. If we leave now the sooner we can get back. At best we can get back tonight." He walked over to me tugged on my blouse. "Pretty please."

I sigh. "Fine. I'll get the horses. But we'll be back before nightfall." I confirm. He nodded. I went outside to the side of the cottage and grabbed the horses with their reins and guided them to the front and packed them up. "Hey Nate! Get your butt out here or I'll leave without you!" I jumped onto my horse, Ash. I pulled in the reigns getting ready to leave without him. Just then he busted out of the house with a pack on his back.

"I'm here! Jeez woman." He said climbing on his horse, Alfrie. "Let's get riding!

After hours of riding, breaks, eating and all that jazz we got to the entrance to the Fenal Village

After hours of riding, breaks, eating and all that jazz we got to the entrance to the Fenal Village. We tied our horses to trees near the gate as it loomed over us. It was wooden which can be easily wrecked down by Demons. I pulled on Nate's arm to get him moving. We walked through the large gates and saw the high fence that surrounded the entire Village. There people buzzing with life as we pushed past people to a Store. I grabbed apples, pears, and other fruits. I looked around to see the Natte ran off somewhere. I sighed. I just wanted to get this over with. We go into town every five years for the past 243 years. Yes, Nate and I are that old since our Demon side prevents us from aging.

I paid for my goods and went in search of my brother. I wandered around seeing different things and by that I mean a lot. I can see farther and more clearer and hear better, too.

As I continued walking I suddenly smelled something like Nates sock that have not been washed after weeks. I wrinkled my nose, disgusted by the smell. Then a memory hit me.

FLASHBACK TWO-HUNDRED THIRTY -FIVE YEARS AGO

Nate and I were eight running in the Dark Forest from Demon Hunters. I clutched onto Nate's hand as trees flashed by as, our feet crunching onto the ground.

"Come one Avery! We're almost out!" My brother yelled.

I ran as fast as my tiny feet would take me. I came to a halt as something hit my nose.

"What's wrong Avery? We have to go now!" he exclaimed. Stopping with me, tugging on me by my arm.

"Do you smell that?" It smelled rottened and disgusting.

"Yeah I do..." he trailed on as something roared that shook the trees with their core.

"Nate, I'm scared." I say my finger nails digging into his arm.

The trees rustled as a Demon burst from the trees. It was huge and all muscle. It had sharp teeth and claws with four arms. Overall, it looked terrifying. My eyes widened in fear as I stayed rooted to the ground and looked over at Nate whose face was pale and clammy like he was going to be sick.

"Nate. What are we going to do?" I whispered so softly I was pretty sure he didn't hear me.

"We step-" Nate was cut off by a shout behind the Demon.

"Over here! We got a Demon!" It was the sound of a man but Nate and I didn't stick around as Nate pulled me with him as we exited the forest.

END FLASHBACK

Though the memory was hazy I knew that smell anywhere.
My eyes widened and I'm sure I've gone pale.

"NATE!"

Well wasn't that an exciting chapter? Well I hope this first one was good. Probably not. I'll post next Friday or Saturday. I would really appreciate if you guys vote and comment!
Thanks a bunch!
      -Jess