Chapter Three

Here's the next chapter! Sorry for the wait. I hope you like this. 

I kind of got stuck on what to write but I got through it so yay! 

Enjoy!

**———————————————————**
—————————————————

unedited

"What's your name?" I ask him.

We were heading out of town toward our horses. Nate was currently between the boy and me, holding him up so he wouldn't fall. 

"It's Conner Kent," he said.

I grinned at him. "Why hello Conner Kent my name is Avery Evans and that dumbo over there is Nate," I said jabbing a finger at him. 

He rolled his eyes. "Wow. I can just feel the love." 

I gave him a cheeky smile. "What can I say? I special that way." I looked over at Conner who just had an amused expression on his face. 

"Whatever." 

We walked in silence for the rest of the way. When our horses were in view I said, "Well, you should leave now. We can take it from here." I forced a full smile on him as did Nate which looked more of a grimace.  

He scoffed. "I'll believe when I see it. Come on. Hurry up." We continued on until we arrived at our horses. I helped Nate upon his horse then got up onto mine. 

"If Fenal Village wasn't your home, which village do you guys live in?" he said curiously. 

I smirked at him. "Who said we lived in a village?" With that, we rode off with our horses but not before hearing one more thing. 

"Damn, that's one interesting girl." 

By the time we reached back to our cabin near the Black Lagoon, we hoped off--or, if you're Nate--fall off. 

"Oomph." Nate lay on the floor with a pained expression on his face. "I'm definitely going to feel that tomorrow." 

"I hope you do." I mutter under my breath. 

"What was that I heard?" Nate said squinting at me.

I ignored him and went upstairs to take a shower. I padded into the bathroom peeling of my now destroyed cloths and threw them in the floor. I filled the tub with warm water and stepped into slipping into the water. Now this is a nice moment to enjoy. Ignoring the fact that your Demi-Demon and possibly a bunch of Demons are going to go after you and you had to run your entire life and watch people die around you by Demons or old age. Life is nice. 

I got up and changed into a loose shirt and a pair of shorts. I heard my brother singing very off key downstairs and rolled my eyes. I slipped into bed and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

Waking up in the morning by a Demon is not an ideal way to start your morning, right? That's what I said too! Well, bad luck has it's way of finding me. 

I blinked my eyes open yawning and stretching my arms out wide. I get out of bed only to smell something strange. I curse under my breath as I quickly get into a new set of clothes and race across the hall into my brother's room. I kick open the door as he jumps up and falls from the bed. He hits the ground with a thud and groans. 

"I'm definitely feeling it right now." he mutters.

"We need to move now!" I exclaim, running around the room grabbing his backpack from the floor stuffing it with his clothes. I 

"Holy shi-what are you doing?" I ignore him and let him figure it out on his own. As I come back from my own room with a backpack with all the things we need I hear him curse under his breath. 

"Come one Avery! Hurry up, we don't have much time left." I put my backpack on as he puts his on and I grab his hand and hurry downstairs and out the door when we hear a ferocious roar. In the distance we see a Demon. A powerful one at that. 

We climb onto our horses and quickly ride away. 

"Where are we going?" I shout to him. 

"Definetly not the one we went yesterday! So we'll head east!" He screamed as the wind whipped my hair everywhere.

As hours wore on we took really short pit stops and contuniued on. I was worried what all of this meant. Were they really going to free it? I couldn't begin to imagine what would happen to the whole world of He was set free. 

I wasn't going to let it happen.

Not if I could help it.

Sorry it was so short! I'll try to make longer next time! Comment, vote and follow!

Thanks! - Jess