Chapter Two

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @cookies1234u so go and follow her! Please.

**Please note that all these names of demons are all made up**

I hope you enjoy!
**———————————————————**
—————————————————

I pushed past people ignoring the weird looks people were giving me. I didn't care. The only thing that mattered at that moment was finding my brother.

My eyes frantically searched for my brother's familiar silver eyes and his black hair.

"Come one, come on. Where the heck are you?" I muttered under my breath.

I slowed to a stop as I finally spotted my brother's face. I slowed to a stop as I noticed he was with someone else. She had light brown hair with soft brown eyes. She had a soft round face with her hair perfectly framing her face.

She was laughing at whatever Nate had said since he was grinning at her, his eyes twinkled in amusement.

I rolled my eyes and smiled a little at them when I remembered what was going on. The smile was wiped off my face as I sprinted towards him.

"Nate!" When I reached him I grabbed his arm, slightly out of breath also ignoring the girl who stood there confused.

"We have to go now," I said.

He responded, "Why?"

I tapped my nose lightly and he sniffed a little as his eyes widen and paled a little.

He smiled tightly at the girl whose name I still didn't know.

"Sorry Mani, but I have to go." Poor girl. Without another word, I pulled Nate's arm and lead him towards the exit of town.

When we were out of earshot from people Nate pulled to a stop.

"What the hell is a Demon doing way out here!?" He exclaimed.

I shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine." I paused for a minute before it hit me. "They couldn't be here for you know..." I trailed off not wanting to believe it.

"I don't know but I'm not letting any of those bastards touch you." He growled, eyes narrowing.

I rolled my eyes. "Wow. Thanks for the sentiment but we gotta get out of here because of it is coming for me then we can't let anyone get hurt because of me."

Nate started to agree but a loud bang comes from the entrance of town.

"We may be too late for that."

Nate and I sprinted towards the explosion determined to find out what has caused it. We passed buildings and people who were running in the opposite direction as Nate and I with fear plastered on their faces.  We got near a building where we saw what all the ruckus was all about. 

It was a Demon. One of the lower-level ones and I am grateful for it is not one of the higher ones. This demon was called Monrynx. Even though it was one of the lower Demons it was still plenty strong. I looked around as some people were already on the ground laying dead. I winced as I saw that one of them looked like a kid. Looked like.  I shuddered. I looked up to see the sun was starting to set. 

"So much for getting back home before dark," I muttered. 

Nate chuckled. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that." He cracked his knuckles. "So are we gonna beat this thing to hell?"