27 🧬

It was safe to say today was a tiring day. We walked all over Times Square, stopping at almost every shop that piqued our interest. Then we went to Central Park where, thankfully, we only walked one-third of it. My feet were hurting too much, and since I'm the 'owner' of the cars we went with, my friends were afraid they would be left behind.

Once we were back, the boys went to the kitchen to get some snacks while the girls went to their room with me following. I followed suit as the three of us fell face-first onto the bed, groaning right after.

"If I close my eyes, I think I'll be knocked out," Jennifer mumbled onto the bed.

"I think Alice just did," We both raise our heads to look at Alice, who was already snoring. "Damn, it wasn't even thirty seconds."

"She did run away and bought stuff from three stores while we were on our first," We chuckle at the memory.

"I'll take a shower before I fall into some deep sleep," I push myself off the bed and exit the room. The two boys were making some sort of ruckus in the kitchen, but I ignored it and went to my room. Once the door was closed, I began peeling away my clothes all the way to the bathroom.

The shower turned on as soon as I stepped into the bathroom, followed by the door closing and locking itself behind me.

"You sure had a busy day," Neo's voice comes from the ceiling as I look at myself in the mirror.

"I'm afraid the other days until we go to the island are going to be the same. Fun yet exhausting," I reply, turning around and walking to the shower.

"Can't relate," We continued to chat as I took a very thorough shower, exchanging snarky remarks and comments, followed by my laughter. Once I was done, I wrapped my wet body with a fluffy towel, wiping it dry. A new set of clothes was already on the sink counter – consisting of an extra-large grey hoodie, short sweatshorts, and underwear. Not what I sleep in, but I don't want to be around my friends with my nightdress.

"Have the boys taken a shower yet? I wanted to eat some dinner then watch a movie with the guys," I ask Neo as I brush my hair, trying to get rid of these infernal knots. Goddamn, my hair is like a bird's nest.

"Yes, they are in the living room trying to figure out where the TV is," I chuckle a bit as it was obvious they wouldn't find the TV, it was inside the ceiling and would slide down if I asked Neo or used the control for it.

"My friends, here I come," I exit my room and make my way where my friends were. I find Daniel sitting on the couch with a frown of his face as if he is unwell. His eyes meet mine, but I'm quick to avert them. Alex is standing in the middle of the room with his hands on his hips as he looks around in confusion.

"You okay, Alex?" I call out, drawing his attention.

"While I ate a little snack once we came back, I took the opportunity to take another tour around and haven't found a single television. Question; do you have one?" To say I wasn't somewhat shocked with his rather complex sentence – compared to how it usually is – would be a lie.

"We do. I came here just for that. Neo ordered some Chinese food – which may arrive soon – and then we will watch some movies. If we don't fall asleep first," Alex nods and plops down on the large couch.

"Hey, Liz," I hear Jennifer calling my name from her room. As I walk there, she slowly closes the door and faces me. "Alice is completely knocked out. I tried waking her up, but she is sleeping like a corpse."

"I had a feeling she wouldn't wake up again once she closed her eyes," We both laugh. "Food's coming, let's choose a movie to watch after we eat," She nods and follows me to the living room.

"I'm in the mood for a comedy movie," Jennifer pipes up as I lead her to the cabinet with all the movie DVDs.

"There's Grown Ups one and two," I tell her, taking out the two movies, respectively.

"I love Adam Sandler. He is the funniest," Alex comments from behind us, giving me a small spook.

"Jeez, no need to sneak up on us," I give him a small slap on the shoulder and look to Daniel. "Hey, Dan, you okay with Grown Ups?"

"I'm good with anything," His voice is glum, not his usual sarcastic self. Something is definitely wrong with him. "Are you okay? Do you feel unwell?" I leave Alex and Jennifer to decide on the movie we will watch and walk to Daniel.

"You can say that. A bit of nausea and some pain in my abdomen," He gives me an assuring smile, but I can tell it's completely fake.

"If you need anything, let me know. We are supposed to have a cool trip for my birthday. I can't have any of my friends feeling ill," I give him a smile of my own and go back to my friends. "What have we decided?"

"Scary Movie," Alex holds the DVD case for me.

"I love that movie!" I take the DVD and take my seat on the couch, pushing with my feet, so it elongates to the size of a mattress

"I love that movie!" I take the DVD and take my seat on the couch, pushing with my feet, so it elongates to the size of a mattress. "Neo, pull down the TV," A small hatch open on the ceiling and the seventy-five inch TV slides down, covering the view from the windows.

"Wow! Awesome!" Jennifer jumps next to me, managing to tackle me onto the couch.

"Get off me," I push her off as she pouts at me. "Don't give me that look, I need to put the movie on the DVD player you dummy," I flick her forehead and stand up. Once the DVD is inside the player, I run back and jump almost of Jennifer. "Scooch!"

For a movie I watched over ten times, I always laugh my ass off at it as I never get tired of the movie's silly jokes. As I expected, I fell asleep before the food could arrive. However, the main issue wasn't that I didn't get to eat; the problem was that I fell asleep with my head laying on Daniel's thigh.

----------

I didn't take a month to update guys. I'm proud of myself.

Cliffhanger?

What do you guys think about Daniel? Is he feeling unwell, or is he jelly??

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.