Epilogue

Aquamarine water surrounded the calm white beaches. A small beige crab crawled on the warm sand, looking for even smaller critters to feed on. Its tiny legs sped off when a shadow loomed over it. A light blue towel glided down to where the crustation once was.

Elizabeth put down her bag next to the towel and laid on her back. Her dark sunglasses covered her face from the morning sunlight as she sunbathed. It was her fourth day attempting to get a nice tan, as the previous days, all she got was a red burn. Spraying tan would be an option, but she wanted it to be natural. And besides, there wasn't any of that on the island.

It was about an hour of turning around, making sure all body parts got equal amounts of sunlight before she returned to the house. The nine-bedroom house can lodge up to eighteen people with a spa room and a massive swimming pool. And on the beach, a long deck stretched out where a large yacht was anchored. It was completely isolated from the word, with no contact whatsoever.

The cool shade greeted Elizabeth's warm skin as she made her way to the pool

The cool shade greeted Elizabeth's warm skin as she made her way to the pool. On one of the sun loungers, there laid a male figure, enjoying the warm sun on their skin. Elizabeth passes by the male and throws her towel at them before jumping into the refreshing water.

"I already told you if you want to pee, there's a bathroom four meters from the pool," The male teased once Elizabeth rose from the water.

"I'm not peeing!" She snaps playfully. "It was just that one time because I couldn't hold it," Her cheeks flush in embarrassment at the memory of the event. "And I already told you, Neo, that I won't do it again!" She splashed water on him to make a point.

"It's not like you are the one that has to clean the urine out of the pool anyway," He shrugs with a knowing smirk.

"I can't with you," Elizabeth groans and swims to the other side of the pool, away from Neo.

It had been three years since the traumatic events took place. It had been three years since the five friends were tortured and killed, later to be disposed of into the ocean where the entire food chain feasted on their torn flesh. It had been three years since all traces from Elizabeth were wiped out from her school records to her family records. Her parents and any living relative were dealt with. Some had their lives taken, and others bought with her parent's immense fortune.

The five friends were reported missing, then filed dead, with their missing report in New York. The six teenagers were gone to the world, no longer in the hopes of being saved or their bodies recovered.

In her father's will, all his belongings, all his fortune was to be passed on to his only daughter, Elizabeth. And with her sudden disappearance, all properties were kept as all had the AI in the walls. All the money was sent to Elizabeth's new identity, unknown to the world. She had her family's money, but the AI is able to use digital money from any bank and anyone, so she will never have a use for that.

Elizabeth grew used to her new home, her new schedule, her new life. The trauma she went through was so great her brain – for the sake of not relieving such painful and traumatic memories – decided to hide them very deep in the unconscious part. She fell in love with Neo. She spent endless hours with him since he was the only other person there. She never questioned why they never went to the mainland or how fresh food and goods appeared out of nowhere from one day to the other. It seems she accepted her fate and embraced it.

Their days were the same, sunbathe, swim, play around, eat, sleep, swim some more, chat, watch movies, eat, and sleep. Some days both would travel to the middle of nowhere in open waters and spend the day either contemplating the ocean's vastness or making love.

"I'm craving some sushi for dinner. Can we have it?" Elizabeth asked with a hopeful look in her eyes. She moved her naked body closer to Neo's to try and convince him better, but there was no need for that.

"Your wish is my command, my darling," His strong arm pulled her closer to his abnormally warm, naked body. His skin mimicked perfectly human skin, even if it wasn't. It could produce sweat, receive a scratch and bleed – only for aesthetic purposes – and even feel exactly like human skin. It was completely synthetic, but with years of perfecting it behind the scenes in secret, it was ready to cover the entire robotic body underneath.

Being synthetic allowed for rapid healing or reconstruction when the robotic body underneath was in need of repairs or upgrades. The skin could even be completely removed, which happened once every month to let the metallic body breathe and get some sun. Neo would always leave the skin on his face, not wanting to scare his precious darling.

"I'll have it ready for us as soon as I'm done with you," Before she could protest, he was on top of her. His dirty blonde strands tickled her skin as he placed wet kisses on her neck. "My darling."

After Elizabeth did most of the eating, they went to the rooftop where a couch was set with a thin blanket, surrounded by candles and rose petals. Neo prepared it for no special occasion other than for them to enjoy each other's company. Just as he was about to sit next to her, he remembered something.

"I forgot about the champagne. I'll be right back," He gave her soft lips a small peck before sauntering off down the stairs. Elizabeth kept her sweet smile until he was out of sight, letting it fall into a sad frown. Her eyes moved from the stairs and to the night sky.

Being so far away from the industrialized world and its blinding lights allowed her to see many stars she wasn't able to before. Even a shooting star crossed the night sky on rare occasions. Even in such a beautiful, serene place, with all kinds of luxuries, she never missed the background noise of cars honking, people talking, and dogs barking so much. The burning scent of smoke didn't fill her lungs anymore.

Now there were only leaves from palm trees ruffling, waves crashing, seagulls squawking, and machine humming. The salty breeze dried her skin and hair and made her blink more. Although all of it was heavenly, it was still not home. Knowing no one would hear her, she muttered lowly to the vast ocean surrounding her.

"One day, I'll escape. One day, I'll be free."

Neo, one floor below, finally found the bottle of champagne he was looking for. Instead of immediately returning to his love, he contemplated the glass bottle in his hand. Then, proudly and wickedly, he whispered to himself.

"You are mine, forever."

-------

THE END. DEFINITIVE END.

I hope you guys liked the epilogue. You may have noticed it is in third person POV.

I had so much fun with this story. In the beginning, I was so excited and so full of ideas. But in the middle, I lost some motivation, even thought of discontinuing. But, because you guys loved it so much, I brought it to the best ending I could think of.

Thank you all for everything, really. Your support for this story made my every day when I read your comments.

Make sure to follow me, both here and on my Instagram. The username is the same. I intend to do some sort of poll for the next story. Or I might do the same way as before. I'll explain it better on my message board.

Thank you all so much once again, and 'see' you in the next story.