; four

y/n

finally, the school day was over, but you weren't particularly looking forward for the end of school simply because it meant having to having to hang out with jungkook.

now before all this 'crushing' on him, you would be more that excited. now? with the fact that you like him but he doesn't return the feelings and the fact that the both of you are only hanging out after he got 'rejected' by the girl he likes, you definitely didn't feel excited.

you walked towards your locker alone, sinxe you and jungkook had different classes, to put your books.

opening your locker, you felt a presence behind you, turning around, you weren't disappointed because you knew who exactly it was, jungkook.

"nooo, i wanted to scare you." he whined and fake pouted.

"lame..." you answered lazily before packing your books neatly into your locker.

"whatever. anyways hurry up! i'm really hungry..." he said rubbing his tummy.

you rolled your eyes at his behaviour, "okay, i'm done, let's go."

"yay! where do you want to eat?" he asked.

"anything, you choose." you answered, you weren't really looking forward to hanging out with him in the first place, so you just left him to do the deciding instead.

"oh! we can go to this cafe that chae eun and i went to last weekend!!" he said excitedly.

the name 'chae eun' ruined your mood even more, you genuinely wanted to roll your eyes till it met your brain.

that being said, obviously you can't show it, so you just nodded with a smile that was barely believable, but at least he didn't see it.

the whole journey to the cafe was just jungkook talking about how worried he was of ji won snatching chae eun away.

to be frank, you weren't even paying attention.

he went on, and on, and on, and finally.

the both of you reached the cafe he was talking about, sat down, and started ordering.

the food came, the drinks came, and he was still talking about chae eun, like she was all he could think of.

instead of focusing on what he was saying, you focused on your meal, devouring every single bit of it.

"oh my god!" jungkook suddenly spoke, dragging you out of your dreamland.

"what?" you asked, curious.

"chae eun texted me!" he spoke, as if it was something that would never happened.

it was cute how he'd get excited everytime he gets a text from chae eun despite them already texting each other like everyday.

hearing her name however, did ruin you mood, even more.

but, to sound supportive, you decided to ask him what it was about.

"what did she say?"

"she said ji won has to consult a teacher first before meeting her and told her to go grab lunch first." he replied.

oh god, please don't say she's coming.

you thought.

"and she asked if i was free to join her." he continued.

great, either he leaves you for her, or she comes and joins the both of you, and the both of then leave you out.

"i told her i'm at this cafe, she should be coming, you don't mind right?" he asked.

"no, of course not!" you replied, trying to seem excited for him.

"great! she's on her way here."

you smiled at that statement, but obviously you were no where near being happy about it.

a few minutes later, she was here.

she obviously walked towards jungkook, acknowledging only his presence and sat beside him.

after a few moments of them talking about this cafe and being happy about it, don't even know why, jungkook spoke up, finally acknowledging my presence.

"oh y/n's here by the way, you don't mind right?" he asked.

"yea yea of course not." she replied.

you mentally rolled your eyes, he really made it seem like you were the one who interrupted them, that ruined your whole mood, EVEN MORE.

you sat there, finishing your food already while she was still waiting for hers to arrive.

since you knew they would never try to include you in their conversation, you tried to take the tiniest bites to ensure you don't finish your food that fast.

the more you heard them flirting with each other, the more you felt like just ditching them and running home to take a nap.

you were honestly getting so annoyed, after taking you last and final bite, you debated to go home, or to stay and third wheel.

you overheard chae eun mentioning that ji won would only finish around three, and it was only two, which you meant you would have to try and bear their flirty behaviours towards each other, for about an hour?!?!

obviously you chose not to third wheel them and just pretend you had something urgent that has to be done.

you pretended you received a text and acted all shocked and panicky, even though they probably won't even notice.

"uhm, kook, i think i gotta leave... i just remembered i have something really important due tomorrow, and i have trouble doing it so i need more time to finish it."

you could tell he was a little disappointed,

"what is it? i can help you."

"oh it's math, and i want to try it myself first, if i have any problems i can text you!" you tried convincing him, but still he didn't seem convinced.

"we could study together and if you need a-"

before finishing his sentence, you found another excuse to cut him off.

"i left it at home though, it's fine it really is, i can text you if i face any problem." you tried sounding as convincing as you could, smiling at him while you packed your stuff.

"okay, i guess." he mumbled.

"bye." he monotonously said.

you packed up as quick as possible and walked out of the cafe, he was obviously annoyed over the fact that you ditched him.

and that was the problem, he'd be mad at you for ditching him even though the reason you ditched him in the first place was because he didn't even pay attention to you.

-