; ten

you lay down on your bed,

you couldn't believed you finally let it all out.

"he must think i'm a creep or something, oh god why did i do that." you mumbled to yourself as you grabbed your hair.

well, you confessed.

obviously it left him shocked, the both of you just stayed there till you decided you couldn't take the awkward atmosphere anymore and left.

or maybe he just didn't know how to find a way to reject you nicely.

lucky for you, it was an easygoing day, you ended earlier and you had no more lessons with him.

makes things much easier.

you also avoided his friends and chae eun the whole day, since he probably told them everything, the last thing you'd want was to break down trying to explain everything again.

it was a long day for sure, but it ended and you went home to take a long nap.

always helps.

you turned to your side and took your phone,

zero messages.

zero calls.

basically zero notifications.

typical.

a very predictable thing for jungkook to do was to avoid the situation.

he'd always choose to run from the problem instead of facing it, so typically he'd probably choose to run away from this problem too.

ignore you till you were ready to let go of it, and everything will go back to normal.

or so you thought.

you heard slight knocking on your window.

who would that be? you thought.

no way they were your parents, you were quite sure they were at home too anyways after having dinner with them.

the only other person possible of doing this was probably dae won. but he's never gone this far and climbed up to your window.

the knocking continued until it stopped.

then you got a notification from your phone.

'jungkook: let me in'

it said.

jungkook?!

you turned your head to the window, well the curtains were closed.

debating whether or not to open it, because in case his phone got hacked and this was just a kidnapper,

you never know,

you opened it after several notifications popping up on your phone.

okay it's probably him. for sure.

you walked over to your window cautiously, got the curtains out of the way and there he was. crouching outside your window.

"oh my god it really is you." you gasped as you quickly opened the window for him.

"sorry, i thought it may have been some kidnapper, and your phone got hacked or whatever." you said.

"it's okay." he whispered while struggling to get in without making too much noise.

"why are you here?" you asked as you say on the corner or your bed.

"y/n. i'm sorry."

oh there we go, getting rejected most likely. another crying session coming up. you thought.

"no, don't be. it's alright really. i just wanted to let out my feelings, it really doesn't matter. i get it that you're happy with her, i'll get over it." you rushed to say.

well you 'rejecting' yourself for him first is still easier than him rejecting you himself right?

"no y/n. and your feelings do matter, to me at least. i just came here to say, after your hearing you say you like me, i really didn't know how to process it, which is why i just kinda left you hanging. i couldn't stop thinking about it the whole day. i'm not exactly here to confess my feelings because i still don't know understand what i'm feeling, but i'm just here to say wait for me please?" jungkook let out.

it was really a pretty big sigh of relief for him. he never realised and took time to understand the feelings that were deeply buried. even though buried, but still there.

not knowing what to say, you just instinctively nodded your head, as a sign if agreement to whatever he just said.

"you should go before my parents find out or anything." you quickly added, trying to rush him off because you felt yourself breaking down any moment.

"okay... thank you, y/n. really. for everything." he said, giving you a brief smile before climbing out.

well that made you even more confused and broken.

was that a yes, he liked you, or a no, he'd rather have you as his best friend?

asking you to wait for him? not like you won't, gladly, but what if he truly loves chae eun?

"god! this is so frustrating!" you whisper-yelled before throwing yourself on the bed.

many thoughts popped up in your head.

how exactly are you supposed to face him tomorrow?

act like everything's fine?

or ignore him?

"well if i do his friends will probably suspect something." you mumbled to yourself.

"okay, it's fine. everything will be fine. if the worst comes to the worst, i'll just, hide at the rooftop. i go there all the time anyways." you convinced yourself.

a good night's sleep would surely help.

-