; eight

"jungkook isn't it?"

you froze.

just how does he know?

not wanting to show how shocked you were, you decided to play it cool.

"crazy, never happening." you replied coldly before walking off.

dae won giggled at your behaviour.

he knew you were only acting like this because you knew he was right. he could see right through you.

"quit pretending, i can see right through you."

"no you cannot. i don't like him, plus he's dating chae eun, you think i come close to her at all? nah." you replied.

"well whatever suits you, but i'm sure i'm right. i've seen the way you act with him, how upset you can be when all he talks about is chae eun. and yesterday was the first time anyone saw jungkook and chae eun together. well it was good you were absent, i mean, if you really did like him you wouldn't have wanted to see what happened yesterday." he went on and on.

well, if only you knew. the only reason for my absence was because of that scene. hilarious. you thought.

you decided to just stay quiet, since you really didn't know how to continue.

"you can talk to me about it you know, if it makes you feel better." he reassured.

"i don't like him! get it into your head... even if i do, i'll get over him. for sure, i won't risk his happiness for myself. he's happy with chae eun and i'll let it be. at least i'm suffering alone, if he isn't happy with me then both of us are gonna suffer, and i don't want that." you let out.

this wasn't 100% of everything you felt, just a part of it. but it felt nice to get it out.

"you're right. but he may not even be certain of his own feelings, what makes you so sure chae eun is everything he wants? why can't it be you?" he asked.

this got you thinking hard.

"well, compare me to chae eun. she's pretty, has decent grades, a decent family background, is nice and kind, she's friendly to like everyone. she's like a whole sunshine, and i'm like a thunderstorm. we're complete opposites." you paused and sighed.

"if jungkook likes her, which i'm sure he does, doesn't need to be love or what, then it just shows this is the type of girls he'll go for? it's like being with her brightens up everyone's mood. except for mine obviously, but that's just because i don't like the fact that someone i like likes her." you continued, aware of the fact that you did just confess that dae won was right.

after hearing everything you said, you heard dae won take a deep breath before sighing heavily.

"sorry, you probably think i'm some stubborn bitch or something." you apologised.

"no no, not at all. i mean honestly, i see where you're coming from. i relate to it too. the feeling of not being acknowledged by the person you like. and i think you would've hundred percent know by now that i do in fact like you. and i do and say a lot of things to show you how much i like you. as 'confident' as i may seem, i just don't think i'll be ready if you ever tell me you feel the same way." he spoke.

stunned by his words, you just kept quiet, not knowing how to reply.

"you don't have to say anything, i just thought sharing how i felt would make you feel less shitty about yourself. all i'm saying is that i know you don't feel, in a sense, ready to tell him how you genuinely feel because you're afraid he wouldn't feel the same way, and definitely not prepared to be his girlfriend because you feel like he's soooo up there while you're just not on the same level as he is. that's truthfully, how i feel too. you know, i'm kind of known as the 'obnoxious and rude' one in the school, basically almost everyone dislikes me, if you felt the same way as i did towards me, and we start dating, i don't really know how to deal with it because i'm sure everyone will be disappointed over the fact that you chose me." he let out.

" i never thought you would feel like that, i really don't know what to s-"

"nope, i'm not done. if i'm being honest, i would want you as my girlfriend. no doubt. never had any worries, just wanted to make you mine. but hearing everything you said about jungkook, made me realise how scared i actually am. which is why, i'm glad i decided to talk to you about to know how you feel. i know your feelings for him is real after hearing you talk about him. and i'm not gonna change that. i'll just let you be. but i'm just saying, i only realised why i'm not suitable for you after talking to you about, and truly letting my feelings out. if you don't talk to him about it how do you know how he really feels?

unlike us, the both of you are close since forever, chances are he probably has feelings for you, and the key to unlocking his hidden feelings for you would maybe be you confessing. i'm sure he doesn't wants to hurt you, it'll get him to dig deep into his heart to find who he truly loves."

you looked at dae won in awe.

you would've certainly never thought he'd say such things ever, things that actually make sense.

"but if things really don't work out, i'll be here for you. promise. you can use me as a rebound."