𝐋𝐞𝐨 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐟𝐢𝐜)

Requested by my sister

Title: Haunted

~I could pull the sheets over my head and never get out of
this bed. But, what would that do? I avoid all mirrors 'cause
I'm scared to look into my eyes when I only see you. It's like
you're always creeping, on the walls and in my feelings.~

I laid in bed and threw my arms over my eyes. I had been laying here for three, no, four days. Not eating, drinking, or sleeping. I was just here. I didn't feel anything either, I was nothing. Leonardo had taken all my happiness when he left. I had been nothing for four days because of him.

I suddenly knelt my head down and smelled my underarm on accident, sending me flying for the bathroom and a hot shower. As I looked in the mirror, trying to figure out when I got so pale, I suddenly saw him standing behind me. He smiled at me through the mirror, his bright blue eyes shining brightly.

"Leo!" I exclaimed, turning around. There was no one there. Note to self, don't look in the mirror.

~All those stories about ghosts are really true? I
put one foot in front of the other, in front of the
other. Slowly, I turn every corner, turn every
corner. Even when you're nowhere in the room,
I'm haunted by you.~

I slowly turned the corner and made sure he wasn't in there. Ever since I had gotten out of bed, he was all I was seeing. Why? He hurt me, so why was I the one that was being haunted?

"If I just ignore it, it'll go away." suddenly, there was a tapping at my window and I ran over to it.

"Leo!" I exclaimed, throwing it up. It was just a bird, tapping with it's clawed little foot. I shivered and put the window back down. I sat down on my couch and sighed. I missed Leo, I really did, but I didn't want to go back to him if he was just going to hurt me again.

~I light all my candles, light all my candles.
The darkness is too hard to handle, too
hard to handle. Sleeping is just something
I can't do. I'm haunted by you.~

There was a crazy thunderstorm going on outside and I was terrified, especially since all the power had gone out, leaving me to wander around in the dark. I was looking for candles while I sobbed like a child, fumbling around and knocking stuff over. I finally found them and lit every single one, throwing them around the apartment until I had a faint outline of every room.

"It's okay. It's okay. The thunder can't hurt you." I said to myself as I stared straight ahead, a blanket covering me. Suddenly my phone went off and I cried when I saw the notification.

Are you okay, the text from Leo read. He knew I was terrified of thunder storms and would always text or call me whenever one happened and he couldn't come over.

Yes, I answered back. I knew I was lying to both of us.

~I can hear you talking in the distance,
your persistence is so cruel. And all
your words pool at my feet and I fall
back in love with you. What can I do?~

We'd been texting for about thirty minutes. He'd been doing a great job of distracting me from the still-psycho storm outside, when suddenly my phone went dark. I tried turning it back on but it showed a picture of a battery with no juice in it. My phone was dead. And the power was still out.

Now, I was forced to listen to the storm instead of smiling or giggling at something cheesy Leo told me. But, I could always think.

It was almost cruel what he was doing to me. He had hurt me worst than I had ever been hurt before and then he was texting me, acting like he had before the incident. What was the point? Was he doing it to hurt me again? And, if he was?

Why was I letting it happen?

~It's like you're always creeping, on the walls
and in my feelings. All those stories about ghosts
are really true? I put one foot in front of the other,
in front of the other. Slowly, I turn every corner,
turn every corner. Even when you're nowhere
in the room, I'm haunted by you.~

The storm had finally let up a little bit so I turned on the backup power system and only plugged my phone in along with the microwave to make some food. While my food was cooking, I checked my phone and saw I had tons of messages from Leo.

Are you okay, most of them said. What happened, some more asked. Do I need to come over, one read.

No missed calls.

~I light all my candles, light all my candles.
The darkness is too hard to handle, too
hard to handle. Sleeping is just something
I can't do. I'm haunted by you.~

There was a knock at my window and I first thought it was the bird again, but when I looked I saw a familiar face. Leonardo was outside my window, staring in at me with his wide grin and blue eyes.

I ran over to the window and stared at him, making sure it wasn't my reflection and my mind playing games with me again.

It was really him. I thought for a second. Should I let him in? I took a deep breath and decided.

I opened the window.

~We used to be so warm, but now we're just in
a storm, slowly freezing up my heart. We used
to be so warm, but now we're just in a storm,
slowly freezing up my heart, heart, heart.~

I stepped back and ran forward as Leo opened his arms. We hugged each other fiercely, and I never wanted to let go again.

Suddenly the thunder sounded again and I squeaked and hid in Leo further. He grasped me impossibly tighter and started sobbing.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please, forgive me. I'm so sorry..." Leo repeated over and over again.

~I put one foot in front of the other, in
front of the other. Slowly, I turn every corner,
turn every corner. Even when you're nowhere
in the room, I'm haunted by you.~

"Never leave me again. Never, Leo. I want you to stay with me, please. I need you again. I don't wanna be scared anymore. I'm not scared when you're around, but when you're not here, I'm terrified. I don't know if you're ever coming back safe, and when you told me you were leaving to go train again, I got so scared. I don't wanna be scared." I whispered into his shell, knowing he heard every word. He gave a huge sigh and held me, picking me up as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"I'm sorry for leaving you. I just didn't want you to think I wanted to leave you. I thought that if I said goodbye, you would think I was okay with leaving for three years. But, I'm not. And that's why I didn't say goodbye. I had to come back though, and with permission from Master Splinter, I come with a question."

~I light all my candles, all my candles.
The darkness is too hard to handle,
too hard to handle. Sleeping is just
something I can't do.~

"Marry me?"

~I'm haunted by you.~

++++++++++

Song: Haunted by Melanie Martinez

I'm gonna end it right there, with that dramatic little ending so you can decide whether you say yes or no!

Thanks!

fvck i still luv this song its such a banger