Chapter 13

A/N : okay, I think I've got an obsession with 60s music now 😂

~

"Tonight you're mine, completely
You give your love so sweetly
Tonight the light of love is in your eyes
But will you love me tomorrow"

Johnny's POV

I couldn't stop crying. I hated crying in front of Dallas, but when I walked in he was on the couch with Darry and he took one look at me and asked what was wrong and I just couldn't take it anymore. I felt bad for walking in on their time alone, I was always such a burden. No wonder Pony doesn't love me anymore...

Why do I have to love him? I didn't want too. Why does my life suck so damn bad? I didn't even ask to be alive...

"Calm down, kid." Darry was comforting me and Dally was pacing around the room looking pissed. He was really mad at Ponyboy for what he did.

"I'm going to kill him. No one hurts you like that, ya hear? He really fucked up. You mess with you and you mess with me." Dally yelled at nothing in particular.

"Will you sit down, doll? There's gotta be some other explanation. Even I know that Ponyboy wouldn't do this to Johnny." I could tell Darry was mad too,he was protective of me just like the rest of the gang.

"Man, your lucky he's your little brother and you'd probably dump my ass if I touched him. If he was anyone else he'd be dead." He meant it. He wouldn't hesitate. He probably would've killed Bob if I hadn't already, or my parents if they weren't in jail.

"I'll ground him." Darry suggested. Dally rolled his eyes and sat down on the other side of me.

"It'll be okay, kid." Dally patted my head. He hated affection with anyone that wasn't Darry.

The door opened and Ponyboy walked in with Two and Marcia. I don't wanna see him. I get up and walk from the other room.

"Oh come on, Johnny!" I ignore Two and enter me and Pony's room. I don't wanna see anyone.

I sit on the bed and start crying my eyes out. I'm so stupid and I don't even know what to do anymore.

Ponyboys POV

"Why the hell did you kiss Cherry!" Dally yells as he sits up, Darry following after to hold him back. He seriously thinks I'd do that?

"You outta know it wasn't like that. She kissed me." I defended. I was so tired of this. Why couldn't me and Johnny be together in peace without all of this drama? Well, maybe Cherry will back off now that she knows I'm gay.

"Johnny told us it looked like you were pulling her closer." Darry said and crossed his arms. Dally looked like an angry dog ready to attack someone. "Dal, sit down." Dally scowled but listened to him. I guess Darry was the only one who could make him do something. But I bet it would only take a second before he got up and went to claw someone else's face off.

"I tried to pull away but she made it look like that. I'm bein' honest. If I didn't love or care about Johnny, then I wouldn't have said I loved him. You outta know that." Darry nodded. He believed me.

"We all believe ya, kid. Ain't that right, Dally?" Two said. Dally looked like he wanted to punch me in the face.

"Yeah, I guess. Kid, you gotta get how Johnny sees it." Dally said. I did.

"Trust me, I do. It's kinda like the roles were reversed. I wished he'd let me explain." I'm about as frustrated as he was. I didn't wanna lose him. Especially over something this stupid.

"Go talk to him." Darry commanded. He didn't need to tell me. I nodded and walked to the door. I knocked a few times before speaking.

"Johnnycake? Can I come in?" I asked. I knew the answer.

"No! I don't wanna talk to you!" I mean, it is my room. But I wasn't gonna force him.

Maybe I'd go through the window like he did that one time. Nah, Darry would kill me if I tried to do that. I'd have to find another way. Maybe I could get the gang to lure him out with cake. That usually only worked with Two-Bit and Steve, though.

"Come on, baby. Please just let me explain." I loved calling him baby. If only we weren't fighting.

"No! Go away!" I wasn't gonna leave.

"Nope. I ain't leavin'. Listen honey, I've been tryin' to explain what happened. Please listen to me." He said nothing. I took this as an opportunity to speak.

"I was walkin' away from her cause she was puttin' moves on me. I tried to call your name as I was walkin' away, but she grabbed me and kissed me. I tried to get away by pushing her away by her shoulders, but she made it look like I was pullin' her closer. I wasn't. I didn't like it. I'm gay and I love you." He still didn't say anything. I waited for a minute before talking again.

"Johnny? You're listenin' to me, right?" I hoped he didn't walk away from the door.

"Yeah..." He replied. I sighed in relief.

"I understand if you're still mad at me, or if you don't believe me. I understand if you give up on me after all this bullshit. But I want you to know that I love you more than anything. I really mean it. You're my entire world. If you want me to leave, I will." He didn't say anything, and I took that as a sign that I should leave.

I walked out of the house without another word.

Johnny's POV

I believed him. It made since. He's gay and he's in love with me, why the hell would he kiss a girl?

I love him. So much. I gotta tell him.

I realized I should've spent the past two minutes fixing things.

I opened the door, shocked to see he wasn't there. Damn, he must've took my silence as a sign he should leave. I should've said something! I ran into the living room.

"Where's Ponyboy?" I asked. Darry pointed to the door and I knew he was going to the lot. I was gonna go after him.

I left and ran to the lot, as fast as my legs would let me. I saw him there, sitting against the car seat. He wasn't crying, but he looked sad. Now was my chance.

"Ponyboy!" I ran over to him and kneeled down in front of him. I looked at his lips, and I wasn't gonna wait anymore.

"Johnny?" He sounded so innocent.

"I love you, Ponyboy Curtis." I said before leaning in and pressing my lips to his.

"I'd like to know that your love
Is a love I can be sure of
So tell me now and I won't ask again
Will you still love me tomorrow"