TWO

Building
The group heads down to the basement and reach a sewer entrance.

"This is it? Are you sure?"

"I really scoped this place out the other times I was here. It's the only thing in the building that goes down. But I've never gone down it. Who'd want to, right?" Glenn asked as everyone looked at him and he finally realized.

"Oh. Great."

"We'll be right behind you." Andrea said but Glenn shook his head no.

"No, you won't. Not you."

"Why not me? Think I can't?" She asked him offended by his words.

"I wasn't..." He started but didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Speak your mind." Rick encouraged him and Glenn nodded.

"Look, until now I always came here by myself... In and out, grab a few things... No problem. The first time I bring a group... Everything goes to hell. No offense. If you want me to go down this gnarly hole, fine... But only if we do it my way. It's tight down there. If I run into something and have to get out quick, I don't want you all jammed up behind me getting me killed. I'll take one person... Not you either. You've got Merle's gun and I've seen you shoot. I'd feel better if you were out in that store watching those doors, covering our ass. And you've got the only other gun, so you should go with him. You be my wingman. Jacqui stays here. Something happens, yell down to us, get us back up here in a hurry."

"Okay."

"Okay, everybody knows their jobs." Glenn leads down the ladder, followed by Morales. The others leave. Glenn and Morales walk. A rat squeals and Glenn makes a noise.

Store
While Walkers are banging and growling, Rick approaches Andrea.

"Sorry for the gun in your face." Andrea apologizes.

"People do things when they're afraid." Rick responds.

"Not that it was entirely unjustified. You did get us into this."

"If I get us out, would that make up for it?"

"No, but it'd be a start."

"Next time though, take the safety off. It won't shoot otherwise." Rick tells her as he points to her gun.

"Oh." She said feeling a little embarrassed.

"Is that your gun?"

"It was a gift. Why?"

"Little red dot means it's ready to fire." He shows her and hands her back the gun.

"You may have occasion to use it." He told her and she nodded.

"Good to know."

Roof
"Anybody out there? Hello? Anybody read? I'm hoping to hear somebody's voice 'cause I'm getting sick and tired of hearing mine."

"Yeah, well, that makes two of us. Why don't you knock that crap off? You're giving me a headache, boy."

"Why don't you pull your head out of your ass? Maybe your headache will go away." Merle chuckles.

"Try some positivity for a change. Damn."

"I'll tell you what... You get me out of these cuffs and I'll be all "Sammy Sunshine" positive for you. Hey, see that hacksaw over there in that toolbag? Get it for me, hmm? Make it worth your while. What do you say, man? Come on. Get me out of these things."

"So you can beat my ass again? Or call me nigger some more?"

"Come on now. It wasn't personal. It's just that your kind and my kind ain't meant to mix. That's all. It doesn't mean we can't... Work together, parley, as long as there's some kind of mutual gain involved. So... about that hacksaw..."