FOUR

Roof
Thunder is rumbling. Merle is on the roof hallucinating.

"That's right. You heard me, bitch. You got a problem? Bring it on if you're man enough, Or take it up the chain if you're a pussy. You heard me, you pussy-ass noncom bitch. You ain't deaf. Take it up the damn chain of command or you can kiss my lily-white ass. That's right. That's what I said. You heard me. And then this idiot, he takes a swing, You know, and well..." He laughs hysterically.

"Oh, you should've seen the look on his face when I punched out his front teeth. Yeah, five of 'em. Pow! Pow! Just like that. Huh. Oh my god. 16 months in the stockade... Oh, that's what them teeth cost me. That was... That was hard time, but by god, it was worth every minute of it Just to see that prick spit his teeth out on the ground. Yes sir, worth every minute." Merle continues to try and pull himself off of the pipe, but he is unable to get loose.

"Oh no. No no! No no! No no! God! God! No no! God! Jesus! No no, merciful Christ! No no. No no. God, help me! God! God! Jesus, please! Jesus, please. Help me! Come on now!" Merle sees Walkers trying to get through the door. They are unable to break it because of the chain that T-Dog put on it.

"Help me. No no. Oh, no no. Oh my god. Shh shh shh shh shh." Merle starts crying.

"No, Jesus. Jesus. No no no no no no. Please. I didn't behave, I know. I know I'm being punished. I know. I... Oh, I deserve it. I deserve it. I've been bad. Help me now. Show me the way. Go on, tell me what to do. Tell me. Tell me. God!" Merle rolls under the pipe and uses his belt to try. He gets the saw that is lying close to him.

"That's okay. Never you mind, silly Christ boy. I ain't begged you before. I ain't gonna start begging now. I ain't gonna beg you now! Don't you worry about me! Begging you ever! I'll never beg you! I ain't gonna beg you! I never begged you before. Oh sh*t. No!" He continues to try and get the saw while the Walkers try to break through the door.

Truck
"Best not to dwell on it. Merle got left behind. Nobody's gonna be sad he didn't come back... Except maybe Daryl."

"Daryl?" Rick questions confused.

"His brother." Behind them, the group hears Glenn in his car.

"Whoo-hoo!" Glenn speeds past them and continues to holler about how much fun he's having.

"At least somebody's having a good day."

Camp
Jim hangs some cans around the perimeter so they can hear Walkers.

"Give it back." A girl was complaining.

"Stop it." The boy tells the girl as they fight over a toy. "No!" The girl tells her brother as they fight. "I found it."

"No!"

"Give it." The mom walks over to the siblings. "Mijo, leave your sister alone." The mom told her son. "Why?"

"Come on." Lori is giving Carl a haircut. "Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?" Lori tells Carl. "I'm trying."

"Well, try harder."

"If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings. That day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts."

"I'll believe that when I see it." Shane chuckles. "I'll tell you what... you just get through this with some manly dignity and tomorrow I'll teach you something special. I will teach you to catch frogs."

"I've caught a frog before."

"I said frogs... plural. And it is an art, my friend. It is not to be taken lightly. There are ways and means. Few people know about it. I'm willing to share my secrets." Carl looks at Lori unsure of what to say. "Oh, I'm a girl. You talk to him."