FIVE

Tent
The next morning, Rick wakes up and sees that Lori, Kylie and Carl are not in the tent.

Outside
He walks out and sees that everything is fine.

"Morning." He says to a man walking by. "Morning." The man says back

"Morning." Carol says to Rick once she sees him. "Morning."

"They're still a little damp. The sun'll have 'em dry in no time." Carol tells him as she's ironing the clothes out.

"You washed my clothes?" He asked her confused and surprised.

"Well, best we could. Scrubbing on a washboard ain't half as good as my old maytag back home."

"That's very kind. Thank you." Rick approaches Glenn who is visibly upset that Dale has torn apart some of the spare parts on the car that he brought in.

"Look at 'em. Vultures. Yeah, go on, strip it clean."

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get. Got no power without it. Sorry, Glenn."

"Thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days."

"Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday." Rick said before he made it over towards his wife.

Suddenly a car approached the top of the mountain and Kylie turned her head to see a truck filled with canisters and jugs of water. Once the truck stopped, Shane got out the vehicle. "Waters here, y'all." Shane calls out to them. "Just a reminder to boil before use."

Several of the women, including Andrea, Kylie, Amy and Carol went to get the jugs out from the back of the vehicle.

Suddenly a loud scream from children snapped Kylie back to reality, before she turned her head with a worried look as she thought about the endangered children. "Mum! Dad! Kylie!" The voice belonging to Carl yelled.

Everyone including Rick and Shane began to leap into action, grabbing weapons as they rushed into the trees. Kylie and Glenn glanced at each other for a second before they took off after them. By the time Kylie got there the walker was on the floor with a dead deer next to the body.

"It's the first one we've had up here." Dale remarks and Kylie cupped her hand over her mouth, not because of the wretched smell, but because of the sight of the deer's guts all over the ground. "They never come this far up the mountain." He states, glancing around at them.

Jim took a step forward, looking down at the lifeless corpse. "Well, they're running out of food in the city," Jim adds, and Kylie lowered her hand. "That's what."

Suddenly a branch snapped behind them causing for the group to quickly turn around, and glance in the direction as the sound continued. Shane lifts and aims his gun towards the area, whilst everyone else waited for the next walker to arrive.

"Oh, Jesus." Shane mutters as he lowers his gun at seeing that is was Daryl Dixon coming out of the woods.

Kylie then watched as a middle aged man stepped out from behind the trees, an angered expression plastered across his strong features. "Son of a bitch." He cursed as he emerged into the clearing. "That's my deer!" He exclaims and as Rosalie looked around at the group's faces and realised who he was. It was Daryl Dixon.

"Look at it. All gnawed on by this." He rams his foot into the side of the walker and Kylie flinched a little as he continued to kick it. "Filthy, disease-bearing, motherless poxy bastard!"

"Calm down, son." Dale says, putting his hand out to Daryl who held his crossbow tightly in his hands. "That's not helping."

Daryl stopped what he was doing and glanced in Dale's direction. "What do you know about it, old man? Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to 'On Golden Pond?" He snaps before turning around back to the deer, removing the arrows from the body. "I've been tracking this deer for miles. Gonna drag it back to camp, cook us up some venison. What do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?" Daryl asked, indicating to the neck.