𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫.

CHAPTER THREE.

CRIES OF FEAR

CRIES OF FEAR.

THE SOUNDS OF THE CAPITOL RESIDENTS OUTSIDE THE BUILDING MAKE HER FEEL PHYSICALLY ILL. Every year, the tributes are subjected to hearing rich snobs bet on their lives and celebrate the fact that most of them will die. Why? Because it provides amusement and entertainment for them. How these people can live with themselves is beyond her, they send kids into slaughter and don't care in the slightest.

The girl sighs and falls back onto her bed, her eyes staring up at the ceiling as she thinks about everything that has happened over the past few days. She's felt nothing but sadness and anger, spots of happiness are still as rare as they have been over the past three hundred and sixty five days. She cannot bring herself to allow it to really sink in, what right does she have to be happy when she has something she has to focus on?

When Katniss Everdeen is laid out and a canon booms around her, then she will feel her happiness. When her face appears in the sky for all to see, the Girl On Fire is no more and then she'd be complete. Her brother would be avenged, he could rest in peace. The thought in itself makes her feel relief.

"Hadley! Dinner is ready," the voice of Brutus rings in her ears and she leaves the room.

"So, allies?" Haymitch asks as the four of them sit around the table

"So, allies?" Haymitch asks as the four of them sit around the table. Katniss still looks uncomfortable by the thought of having to work with anybody else, Peeta however is more open minded. Haymitch and Effie wish for them to ally with some of the stronger tributes in order for them to survive until the end.

"I like Wiress and Beetee," Katniss says and Peeta has to suppress a laugh which causes the brunette to look over to them.

"Johanna calls them nuts and volts," Peeta comments and Katniss rolls her eyes at his comment. Peeta had managed to make himself quite popular amongst some of the other tributes.