𝐢𝐯. 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER FOUR.

MEMORIES

MEMORIES.

"I DON'T THINK I COULD BE ANYMORE PROUD OF YOU, YOU KNOW THAT?"

The blonde flicks her head to the side as her older brother smiles at her, the genuine emotion on his face making her  so much more than happy. She'd only been home for a few moments, the second she stepped off the train she was wrapped into his arms and hauled into the air. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and his smile was so bright, it could have replaced the sun. They'd been shown their new home in the area for the Victors and they'd moved in instantly.

The people of District Two are still celebrating outside, happy that they have another victor amongst their ranks. Emori was quick to retire to her home however, not really in the mood to celebrate anymore. Cato joined her moments after, wanting to spend some time with his sister who he'd missed severely.

"I'm just glad to be home," she admits and he nods his head in understanding. He's aware that his sister isn't the same as him, there is barely a vicious bone in her entire body. Of course she'd been trained just like him and all the rest but he knows the last thing she has ever wanted to do is hurt somebody. When her name was called and nobody volunteered, he admittedly felt a tinge of fear. Due to the way she thought about the games, he was worried she wouldn't kill when she needed too and therefore she'd die. She had proved him wrong.

"And I'm glad you're here. I don't know what I'd do without you," Cato comments to the blonde who rests her head on his shoulder.

"Feeling is mutual," she responds.

Her eyes remain on the ceiling, her mind seemingly all over the place. The events of the training centre flood in, the fact she'd shown such fear and emotion in front of all those people. It was the last thing she should have done and yet when she saw him, everything just broke apart. She couldn't think clearly and she didn't have the energy to. All she could think about was the fact she'd killed him.

She hears her door open and she looks over to see Reed there with a plate of food in his hands. He sets it down on the beside table and lays down beside her.

"How you feeling?" He questions his friend who lays on her side so that she can talk to him better.

"Not good. It was so real, Reed. It was like he was there," Emori breathes, her eyes once again filled to the brim with tears.

"I know. It's grief, Mori. It's perfectly normal to feel this way," He promises as he also faces her now, the two of them no longer laying too far from each other.

"All I feel now is embarrassed. They're all going to think I'm weak," Emori cracks and he shakes his head.

"We've all experienced something like that since leaving the arena. Your's is just worse because you had to go through it again with your brother. I promise you, nobody in that room thinks you're weak. Not me, not Brutus and not Finnick — none of them. You're new friend even came to ask how you were," he says the last part with a small smile and she allows a small chuckle to escape her lips.