Welcome to the Falls, kid...

I stared out of the window, bored out of my mind, tapping on the polished glass.

"Hey, driver?!" I called out to the driver, sitting in the front of the fancy car, feeling irritated that I couldn't bring my maid along, at least she'd try to keep me company. But no, my mother had told me that she had to "rest" now that I were away. 

"Rest?" What nonsense. I only had two hours sleep every day, that maid of mine had four hours sleep, and she was still tired. Then again, maybe it was because I had magic to help me sleep and the maid didn't have magic, but, whatever, she still should've come.

"Ahem, yes, Miss Nyx?" I'm broken out of my thoughts by the driver

"I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT?! DID I NOT?!"

"U-U-Uh, y-yes Miss Mary!" The driver stutters.

"I thought so," I mutter under my breath, "How long is it gonna be till we get there?"

"J-just a minute or so more, Miss."

I go back to tapping on the window glass, I secretly loved coming here. 

Every summer, I would come to the Falls to see my brother and sister, they lived here. Sometimes, most times, they would come and stay with me, but this time, on a rare occasion, I got to stay with them... this time for a lot... longer though.

My mother wasn't my real mother, she adopted us all when we were little. My real mother and father... no-one knows what happened to them, I didn't really care anyway, they had abandoned me, why should I care? I shouldn't and that's all I ever wanted to say on the matter. My new mother was kind to me, and cared for us all, like I was her own. My brother and sister only lived separately because they had a show to run in the Falls, and this was the year that I'd finally get to join them and stay with them permanently. I'd still visit my mother,  of course, but this was my new home. It was where I belonged. Where I wanted to be.

Just as my thoughts came to an end, the car rolled up in a familiar part of the forest, aah, the Falls..., I sighed as I thought to myself. The car's engine became little more than a hum, and I unbuckled my seat belt, waiting to be let out. The driver quickly got out of his seat, opened the car doors and ran round to my side. He opened my door and helped me get out, "The Falls, Miss Mary." He said, as he closed the door behind me. "Thanks 'n all." I mutter. The driver gives a polite smile and goes round to get my bags from the boot. He struggles to lift them out the back, but he manages to do it anyway, and he asks me if I'll need help getting to the twins' place, but I shake my head and say no, he was relieved of his duties. He nods and gives a courteous bow, before getting into the car again, and heading off.

This was it, my new life. I look up, in the distance, not too far was where I'd be living from now on: the twins' mansion. Well, it wasn't really the twins' mansion, it was Great Uncle Ford's, but they liked to pretend it was anyway, and I liked that about them. With a sigh, I picked up my bags and nearly dropped them because of the sheer weight of it all. I try again, but struggle to even lift the bags off the ground, so, in defeat, I just drag them along the floor, I'm sure Will could repair them anyway, or just buy me a new one instead...

Ah, Will... the family 'pet'. Well, I wasn't sure 'pet' was the right word, but that was what they all seemed to call him, though they would all deny it to his face. I, on the other hand actually quite liked Will. He was cute, friendly and someone to talk to whenever I got fed up of my crazy family. I was quite looking forward to see him again. Ugh, if only he was here to help me with these bags, that would help out a lot.