part 17

I woke up to voices whispering and giggling.

"Shhh, darling. You're going to wake her." The voice of my mother came to my mind.

I fluttered my eyes open to see my mom and dad talking and Tzuyu's suit. I sat up and moved away from Tzuyu's body to run over to my dad. In my peripheral vision, I saw Tzuyu's arms go up. I think he was trying to catch me.

"Dad! How are you feeling?" I quickly asked.

He laughed. "I'm fine dear. What I want to know is how is my Seoul girl?"

I smiled. He always called me that since I moved away to university. "I'm good. I'm sorry I haven't visited."

"It's okay. I know you're busy."

I shook my head. "No, I should have spent more time with you. Maybe I should have stayed here and gone to Yale." I mumbled.

He sighed. "Don't think like that. I know you wanted to move to the city, and I'm so proud of you for going to Seoul. You'll always be my smart girl."

I hugged him. "Thanks, Dad."

"So I want to know everything about Seoul."

I went on and on about how great the city is even with its flaws. His eyes were full of warmth the whole time I talked.

I looked over to Tzuyu as I realized I forgot about him. He was just sitting reading a book on the couch that we slept on. I was glad he found something to do.

"I'll be right back. I need to use the restroom." I stated before getting up.

I gave my dad a kiss on the forehead and noticed my mom and him were sharing glances, like they were communicating.

"I'll come with you honey. I need to use the restroom too." She suddenly said. I just brushed it off because I didn't want to deal with it and left the room, leaving my father and Tzuyu alone.

• • •

Tzuyu's POV

"I know who you are, King." Sana's father suddenly said.

I closed my book and made my way to stand beside him. "And how would you exactly know that?"

"It doesn't matter. I know your type, and let me tell you about what I want from you. I want you to leave my daughter alone." He demanded. I felt fire in the pit of my stomach. Who does he think he is?

"That's not going to happen."

He chuckled. "Yes, it will. My brother is the boss of the french mafia; I wouldn't mess with me, if i were you."

Sana's uncle is the boss of the french mafia. What the hell? Does she even know? "I don't care. Whatever you think it is I'm going to do to your daughter, it's wrong. I would never hurt her. All I want is to see her happy."

"You can see her happy by leaving her alone. Think about, it will end in one of two ways: you cheat on her many times or she ends up dead or maybe both. I know your type."

Looks like he doesn't know me at all. "You don't know me at all. I don't and will never even think of any other woman but her, and as for the dangerous aspect of my job, I will make sure she is protected. You do know, I am the most powerful boss on this planet."

His glare didn't let up.

"I still don't trust you."

"That's fine. Just know I'm never leaving your daughter." He's insane if he thinks I will. Maybe over a month ago I would have considered it, but now, I'll never let it happen.

He sighed. "Fine. Just know if I see one scratch or if she's unhappy, I will kill you."

He threatened.

There was a long silence after that until I broke it.

"Does she know?"

He knew what I was talking about. "No."

"Should you tell her or should I? I mean, she already knows about what I do, so it wouldn't be as big of a shock." I reasoned.

"I'll tell her- just not soon. I think she shouldn't have any more problems weighing in her mind right now."
I agreed. She's already worried about her father.

The suddenly opened, and Sana walking in happily. She skipped over to me and showed me a candy bar; it was her favorite.

"Look, they have Heath bars." She smiled.

"I'm glad. Are you going to share?" I teased.

"Oh definitely not." She giggled. I smiled as I heard her giggle; it made me feel warm to know I caused it.

"But don't you know sharing is caring?"

"Well, I don't care." She was still smiling, clearly enjoying being playful after some sad moments.

"It's a shame I thought you really cared. Guess I'll stop buying you blood orange gelato." I teased back.

She gasped, her jaw dropping. "You wouldn't."

"Oh I would." I smirked.

"You are so mean!" She playfully slapped my arm before breaking part of the candy bar and giving it to me.

I smiled triumphantly. "Well, I guess we could stop on the way back at the grocery store to get some gelato." I offered.

Her smiled widened, and her eyes lit up with excitement. "You're the best." She hugged my waist.
I looked over to her parents, and for the first time since I met him, Sana's father smiled at me. I smiled back.

• • •

Sana's POV

My mother was getting lunch for my dad, and Tzuyu was waiting outside. We were about to leave, but my dad wanted a word with me.

"So...Tzuyu?" My dad started.

"Yeah...what about him?" I asked, nervously.

"You know who he is, right?"

"Yes."

"And that doesn't bother you?"

I scrunched my eyebrows together, trying to figure out what he was getting at. "No."

"Why not?" He asked.

"He's a good guy, dad." He snorted, probably amused due to Tzuyu's reputation. "I know it's hard to believe, but he is."

He sighed. "Are you happy with him?"

I smiled as I thought about it. "Very."

He opened his arms for me, and I came closer to him to hug.

"As long as my daughter is happy, I'm happy. Remember though, if he hurts you, you come talk to me."

I laughed, but nodded. "Okay, Dad."