•REMEMBER ME•

"Have you ever heard the name Gerard Way?"

I closed my eyes. The voices became louder and I could almost see a picture. Almost. But then it all faded to black again. Had I ever heard that name? But that was when I remembered. I placed my hand on my stomach. "Gerard..." I whispered more to myself than to James. I looked up at him. "G?" It was a question, and he immediately understood.

He nodded solemnly. "I can't be sure, not yet, but I have good reason to believe one of the men who did this to you was Gerard Way. He's a son of a bitch that's managed to stay one step ahead of us for years now. But you, you're what's strange. For as long as I've been on his case, Gerard Way has never made a mistake. Never left a witness, atleast not one willing to talk, and never left a trail. But then here you show up, left practically dead and bleeding out on the hospital stairs. Rather melodramatic placement, don't you think?" He chuckled to himself for a moment before continuing. "Anyways, my theory is that Gerard was the one that left you at the hospital. And that's very interesting to me, as that means he wanted you to live."

"I don't understand...Who is he? Why is he wanted by the FBI?"

James crosses his arms, his dark eyes keeping on me. "Gerard Way is a bad man, that's who he is. And if I'm right about you, then that's all the proof you should need. Specifically, he's a murderer. He's a narcotics dispenser. What's worse is that he's very rich and very connected, so it's made my pursuit of him quite difficult."

I felt my blood run cold. "Murderer?" The word came out as a weak whisper. I knew something bad had happened to me, but what this man was saying was only just now beginning to click in my mind.

"He's been a thorn in our sides for awhile now. He's a drugs dispenser and apparently quite good at it. Unfortunately he never seems to leave any witnesses alive. That is until I heard about ... you." He nodded in my direction, but the way he spoke his words was cold and hard. This man had no love for Gerard Way. "You're the one person that we know of that's come into contact with Gerard Way and lived. That's quite a feat."

I felt like James was rehearing a script for some sort of television mystery. There was no way this could be my life. There was no way this was happening to me. My mind was racing with a thousand thoughts, but I was only able to get one past my lips. "I can't remember..." I shook my head back and forth. "I'm sorry... I just can't remember."

James gave me a cold glare. There was something about him, the way that he was looking at me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. "I've heard." He gave curt nod. "And I'm sorry that I've had to enter so quickly after you woke up, but I can't afford to waste any time. Of course, this is all in your best interest. What's been done to you....It's not human Jane. I'm determined to get him this time, and I believe you're my key. I know right now you're suffering from traumatic amnesia, but I'm hoping to eventually be able to get information from you and what exactly your connection was to Gerard Way."

I nodded. "Thank you...And I'm sorry. I want to remember, I do. It's just...it's just all blurry right now."

"I understand, Jane."

I shook my head, wanting to cry again. "That's not even my name. Dammit why can't I remember my own name!" I didn't notice it, but my hands were clenching the hospital sheets again.

For the first time since he walked into the room James Snow gave me what looked to be a look of genuine sympathy. His deep brown eyes met me from across the room. "I'm going to help you." His voice was hard, but I knew he meant it. And with that, he turned and headed for the door. "That's enough for today. I'll be seeing you soon."

He didn't seem like an FBI agent, atleast not the ones they portray in TV with their shiny vests and guns. No he was contemplative and dark. He was intimidating but yet sincere. Yet there was a part of me that didn't know whether or not to trust him...

No what am I thinking. Of course I can trust him. He's the law. He's helping me. I'm just nervous. I'm just scared. I need to know who my enemies and friends are. And with that thought, I drifted back into an exhaustion induced sleep.

—•••—

I don't know what time it was when I woke up, but it was dark in my room. The blinds were shut, and the only light in the room came from the sliver of window in the door. I blinked several times, feeling very thirsty and disorientated. I don't know what time it was when I fell asleep, but it must be the middle of the night now.

It was only when my eyes adjusted did I see the silhouette of a man by the door.

I gasped, taking hold of the blankets. At first I thought my vision just still be a little blurry, but even after blinking several times he was still there. "...Hello?" I whispered shakily.

"I'm sorry to have disturbed you....Jane." A man's voice came from across the room. "I only came in to check your vitals, just standard procedure, especially since you've only woken up so recently." It was dark but in the faint light I was able to see that the man wore dark blue scrubs, which put me more at ease.

"Oh okay. Sorry I guess I'm just a bit on edge." I have a nervous chuckle. I felt shaky and slightly unnerved even though he was just a nurse. He was here to help. "Uh...I'm sorry your name has slipped my mind. I know Dr. Byrne told me your name, but I've only had a chance to meet Anita..." I trailed off, a bit embarrassed.

The man stepped into the light and immediately I was draw to his platinum blonde hair. He had hazel eyes, and a look on his face that I couldn't quite place. "Adam. Adam Anderson." He said this oddly, as if he had been debating answering my question. And the way he looked at me, it was strange. He looked almost...sad.

"That's right." I replied awkwardly. "Sorry about that."

He nodded solemnly. "I can't believe you're alive."

His comment struck me as slightly odd, but I guess it must've been strange seeing a patient that's been comatose for a year wake up. "Neither can anybody else. Apparently...apparently it was bad." And without really thinking about it my hand drifted to my stomach.

Adam nodded at my hand. "So you've seen them?"

I took a shaky breathe. "Yes... It's...Its disgusting. I don't know who did this to me or why but I hope..." tears were running down my cheeks now,

"I hope he suffers."

________________________