010: I should drink champagne

Dawn 10

"We need Jorge to wake up," Minho says, wiping the beads of sweat of his forehead. He is careful to avoid the bruise forming around his eye. "When I say it's getting hot in the cockpit, it's not just because there are like, four boys and a girl jammed inside. It's literally Hell in there thanks to Lott."

"He can't help himself," Michelle offers from where she stands in the doorway.

Minho looks back on her. "Aren't you going to keep an eye on them?"

"I needed a minute," her voice is firm and quiet.

"Lott's an alcoholic," Leo tries to distract the two of them from their bickering. That's at least nice. "He's been sober for a month; he's going to need more time to adjust without alcohol."

"We've got no time," Minho looks to me, waiting for me to affirm it.

I raise my arms in self-defence. I'm not getting in on this bickering, especially not after my fight with Michelle. She still won't look me in the eye, as if I'm contagious or something.

"We'll have to land then, if you guys can't stop fighting," Newt offers, shrugging his shoulders. He leans against Leo as she runs hands along Thomas's bandages.

Apparently, there was a first-aid kit in the cockpit. Let me tell you, I don't recommend walking into a cockpit full of angry boys. I'd do it again for Thomas, but I didn't think today would be the day where I saw a boy lick another. Lott's fighting tactics are messed up, but he did get Jay off of him.

Minho glares at Newt. In turn, Michelle rolls her eyes and returns to the cockpit.

"I'm not being a slinthead, you know," Newt clarifies, his eyes casting shallow glances at the rest of us. "We aren't in the damn Scorch with time running out on us like a clock. At some point, you shanks are going to need to calm down and sleep. We don't even know where we are going."

"Well, we need to think of something," Minho says. "If you've forgotten, WICKED can control us all they want. Who's to say they don't make us turn this plane around and fly us right back to headquarters, having us sit daintily in their laps."

"They would've stopped us from taking off," Newt sighs.

Leo gets up off This is why black clothes are the way to go. You can't see the blood on her pants, nor can you see it on mine.

Unfortunately, my striped shirt is also polka-dotted now. I've come to get used to it.

"I'm going to go look around for stuff," Leo notes, peering around the room. "We aren't getting anywhere at all if there isn't food here. I know there is a bathroom, so we have at least some water."

"What's your vote?" Minho asks after her as she begins to walk out of the room. "Michelle keeps mentioning Denver for some shucking reason."

Leo waves a hand over her head absent-mindedly. Instead of responding, she heads down the only other hallway. I could easily tell her what's down there. A bathroom, three bedrooms, a kitchen. This place isn't as big as the other Berg we flew in on, and it indeed isn't as luxurious.

I get the feeling Leo needs a minute to clear her mind. Perhaps there is something she knows about Denver, but there couldn't be because we tell each other everything. I don't get how she can just pull herself away from people to regroup. When I'm alone, I get so bored that I can't even thinking. Noise keeps me going.

"Have any better ideas than Denver?" I cross my legs, breathing in and out slowly.

Newt turns away from Thomas, looking to Minho for advice. He smiles softly, cocking his head. "You're the bloody leader aren't you. Lead away."