The Darkest Night

Jasper’s POV

“I’ve been away too long; I just know it. He better not be dead, not after all of the work I just did.” I said to the millions of nonexistent gems around me, as I hurried back to the cave, I left Pink’s son in. I made my way down to his cage to find him curled up near the door. His chest was still moving, Peridot had said humans breath when they were alive. I open the cage, but he doesn’t move, so I pick him up and begin the walk back to our new hide out.
“Don’t die on me you runt.” He’s larger than the first time I picked him up all those years ago when I’d first come back to Pink’s colony. I wish I had known back then that he was Hers, I would have done so much things differently. Whatever now I could fix all of this, no more Yellow telling me what to do, I could do this MY way.

Steven’s POV
*Clank*
*Thud*
*Slam*
“For Diamond’s sake! Stupid outdated ship.”
I could hear vaguely familiar noise and Jasper’s voice. My eye’s hurt as I force them open to try and find her.
“Jasper?”
“Good you’re not dead. I was beginning to think I wasted my time with you.” Her form came into my line of sight. I reach my hand out for her and realise there are no longer bars restricting me, nor am I as cold as I had been.
“Where are we?”