Time of death

I traced my sisters lung drawing and rememberd the day i hung it there, like it was yesterday. The beautiful flowers and colours branching around the drawing filled with her joy and happiness. Remembering all the pain and memories just brings me there. In an empty room, which used to fill joy and happiness. Overwhelming myself with the feelings and memories, which used to be my everyday life, i felt a tear go down my cheeck.
A full year. 366 days. 525600 minutes.
Without her.
In the room which used to be pink and floral. With beanbags and colorful drawings all round. From blankets and pillows to a blanket and pillow fort, there was nothing left. I took a short look around the room to see.
Two gray walls and beanbags with new covers. And a wall full of my sisters drawings.
The room was left with memories and a cold heart.
It was a monday morning when i woke up in pain. I didn't think much of it. I did the ussual. Got dressed, ate, went to school. I was just getting over a cold, so i was blaming it on the cold. Stepped into class, felt dizzy, but ignored it. I was sitting in class and feeling like i was gonna throw up. And then the next second, i was out.
Everything next is a blur. The only thing i remember seeing my mom, crying. Seeing doctors in white coats. Nurses in pink scrubs. Wierd, how one moment you can be all good, but the next one- all helpless.
The only thing i remember is this: " she has a relapse of neuroblastoma. Stage 4, high risk" and it feels like it was yesterday.
My sister was there for me all the time. All the time.
Once when i was having a hard day, she decided to make a drawing. She drawed a pair of lungs, because i had very weak lungs. She drawed the most beatiful pair of lungs. But, when she was climbing to get some glitter to put on the edges she fell, and hit her head.
She was rushed to the hospital,died the same night. Doctors say she would have died anyway because of the brain bleed, and even if she would have survived, she would be either brain dead or paralysed. But she was able to become a donor to save me.
But it still hurts me.
She died because of me.
She died because she wanted to make me happy.
To make me happy, she had to be in pain later.
I traced with my fingers again and rememberd everything that day. When my mom told me, that she died and gave me the drawing, i fell in a deppresive state. During day time, there would be a psythiatric talking to me, but during night time either mom or dad would sleep over. I was crying all the time. It was making chemo therapy so hard and harsh.
And after everything that happend, we went back to our "normal routine" -1. We started being more thankful for everything, altough we knew- somethint isn't right.
And everything didn't go as smooth. Later we found out- my cancer came back. We were devastated, because- nothing could save me this time.
A couple of weeks later
*an angel's POV*
A couple of hours ago a young, athletic, joyfull girl collapsed.
It is a cold winter morning in Chicago.
In a near Chicago hospital she was sent in.
"Amy Morton, neourblastoma stage 4, heart rate 90/60, GCS 13, airway narrow" the phearmedic said
"Amy, can you hear me?" Dr.Natalie Manning asked
"Unresponsive, let's move her on my count..1...2...3" Dr.Manning continued
"Let's get an chest xray" she said and continued "Maggie, please find her files in the system" Natalie said
"Both lungs are collapsed. Chest tube" Dr.Manning said
And continued
"Chest tube in, get me an intubation tube, she isn't securing her airway anymore"
She wasn't responsing, she isn't waking up.
After a few hours.
Consultation room.
"We ran all the tests on your daughter, and im truly sorry, but there is nothing left what we can do. Unfortionetly, she is brain dead. Her lungs failed and she stopped breathing." Dr.Manning said
Her mom broke down crying.
"And i know what comes next. She is gone, and you are going to pull the tube out" Her mom said
"Unfortunatley, yes" Dr.Manning said back
"Where am i?" Amy asked
"You are now with me" i replied
"Stella?"she asked
"But you are dead" she continued
"And now you are going to be, too" i said
"What? Dead? No, Stella, I can't be. I have to stay with mom and dad" she said crying
"I can't decide that. The has already been decided." I replied back
"I don't want to die" she said, crying
"I know, Amy, i know" i went in to hug her
"But you are not going to feel the pain from chemo, you are going to be safe with me" i said back, and everything went black
In the meantime..
" are you ready?" Dr.Manning asked
her mom was crying.
As she pulled put the tube, everyone in the room watched as the numbers go down, the monitors beeping, and finaly down.
"She is know with Stella" her dad whisperd, to her mom
"Time of death : 5:39 PM" Dr.Manning said
"Im truly sorry, again" she said and left.
"She is never ever going to be in pain anymore, and she reunited with her dear sister.  And soon- we are going to go with them, too. May they rest in piece." Her dad said looking at Amy's lifeless face still hooked up to all kinds of monitors.
Amy was set free. She was set free from pain, which she got used to. She was set free from pain, but still- was crying, because she never wanted to leave her parents at this stage. Because everyone always told her, that she is going to live. But no one ever told her, that the fight would be three times cancer in short 13 years.