Chapter 4: An Opportunity

Ayla was running errands to prepare for dinner tonight. She passed the prosperous inner city suburb, low rise terrace containing amorphous mixture of run stores and those renovated with newer signs, concrete high rise tower block set back from the road, graffiti on a concrete wall, betting shops, take-aways, small grocery store. People seemingly aimless milling around, mothers pushing strollers with pale determination, never ending streams of traffic spewing fumes, honking horns, pedestrians waiting at crosswalks.

The blonde had finished grocery shopping and made her way home. She looked up at the sky and noticed the gloomy atmosphere. She pulled the back hood over her form as she saunters in the soft sprinkle, tiny pellets of water spitting on her hands as the remainder of the drops quench the scattered puddles decorating the asphalt. Just as a drop of crystal-clear water appeared on her fragile skin, she smiled to herself. The rain was something that stopped her thoughts from buzzing, calmed her, but at the same time excited her. The waves of the salty liquid washed the pavement creating a melancholic song. Waiting for the rain to wash all of the misery away, she stood there, her gaze burning into the horizon, staring at the beauty of the upcoming storm and the crying clouds.

'It's going to pour hard soon,' Ayla managed to snap out of her thoughts. 'I have to hurry home before I get soaked...'

Through one of the pools of rainwater, the sight of a familiar building is brought to her attention. Ayla managed to lift her head up just a bit. The tall edifice standing before was the hotel Embassy Suites and, as her father had been happy to tell her, it was one of the most luxurious in the whole Japan. Ayla had stayed there a multiple times with her family whenever her father came here for business. Her eyes wandered over the view, it looked exactly the same as years ago. Ayla was about to leave—when she noticed a boy walking up to the entrance with a luggage bag. A duo-haired boy with heterochromia iridium.

"Todoroki!" Ayla called out, surprising herself by how loud she shouted.

He turned around and watched as mild curiosity sparkled his usually emotionless eyes. "Ayla?"

The blonde looked both sides with her grocery bags before crossing the street

The blonde looked both sides with her grocery bags before crossing the street. "You're staying at Embassy Suites?"

He nodded slightly. Yeah."

"Why?"

"I stay here once and a while whenever I get fed up with my father." Todoroki said.

"Oh." was all Ayla could say. "And you chose the most luxurious hotel to stay in?"

"It's the furthest from my home but not too far from U.A. Besides, I use his money and stay a few nights so I'm not really spending any of my money." He explained. "The hotel keeps calling my father my whereabouts which sucks the most out of this. But as long as I'm not around him, I'm happy."