Chapter 6: Rescuing

Sometimes, when Momo is not feeling good, just the thought of Ayla's name lightens her mood. She just feels content that the stubborn blonde is there to protect her, to save her, to guard her, from any harm that will befall her. Momo will always remember those moments back in middle school, when Ayla would play pranks on teachers and Momo would try to stop her—only to get lumped in as well and scolded along with the mischievous purple-eyed. Before Momo lost consciousness in the forest training camp when they were under attack, she saw a glimpse of Ayla's expression as she was charging at the Nomu. There was no fear in them. Only burning passion. The doctors haven't informed Momo about Ayla yet, but if she's in grave condition, she can already feel the guilt building up.

"Young Yaoyorozu, please explain in detail." All Might said with a police officer beside him. They had arrived right when her nurse told them she woke up.

The black-haired girl explains that Ayla planted a transmitter she created onto one of the villains and hands a device to All Might that will allow him to locate the transmitter. However, none of them were aware of Todoroki and Kirishima eavesdropping from outside the room.

"Before, Aizawa said you lacked the judgment to make quick decisions." All Might said. "You have improved, Young Yaoyorozu!"

"Is Ayla okay?" Momo asked. "How is she?"

"She's currently resting before surgery." the police officer answered.

Momo eyes widened. "S-Surgery?"

All Might raised his palms. "Young Yaoyorozu, please calm down."

Regret washed over her like the long slow waves on a shallow beach. Each wave was icy cold and sent shivers down her spine. How she longed to go back and take a different path, but now that was impossible. She lowered her head with tears spilling out. "I'm mad at myself for asking her to do such a dangerous task..."

"It's thanks to you and her that we're going to be able to save Young Bakugo." The number one hero reminded. "We are forever grateful."

"Come to think of it," the police officer started. "wasn't there a boy who just went to see her?"

"Must be Young Awase." All Might replied. "He was the one who carried her to the facility."

Outside the room, the two boys were still eavesdropping. That is until Shoto turned on his heel and walked down the hall. "Bro, where are you going?" Kirishima asked.

He didn't bother turning around. "To Ayla's room."

'Wait, he didn't come to see Midoriya,' Kirishima finally realized. "He came to see Ayla..."

* * * * *

Ayla woke up from a restless sleep due to the rough waves to glimpse at the glowing and radiant sun peaking above the horizon out of her window. It extended its vivid light across the deep crimson sky. Its dazzling and inviting rays flowed through the window providing warmth to her body. Slowly the fatigue of the long journey was seeping out of her as the welcoming rays trickled in to replacing her unrest—it relaxed her mind. Looking up from the corner of the room, she tried to steady herself trying to comprehend what was going on around her and where she was. Her body felt as if she had been bruised in every corner and her head was the only thing that was feeling heavy. She arches her back as the pain was rushing through her body like an igniting fire. Her eyes squeezed closed as my face contorted. Never had she ever experienced such pain in her life. Eventually the door opened and went she tilted her head pounding head to the side, a certain black-haired boy walked in.

"H-Hey..." her voice was strained so she cleared her throat.

"You're finally awake!" he rushed to her side with an overjoyed expression.