Chapter 11: Secrets To The Grave

"Toothpaste...floss...face wash..." Ayla circulated the supermarket isles as she pushed her shopping cart, grabbing the daily necessities she had just run out of. She payed for everything and carried the bag full of items in her right hand while her left reached down her pocket to check the time on her phone.

As the blonde neared a narrow alley, a calloused hand snaked to the girl's wrist and yanked her sideways. She raised her arm to elbow the anonymous shadow but it caught her forearm and held it behind her back firmly. 'A villain?' Ayla thought as the hand harshly covered her muffled screams for help. She saw the alleyway stretching forward, meaning she was getting further away from the street she was walking on. Ayla squirmed, kicking garbage outdoor garbage cans and abandoned waste in the process, yet the person's strong grip didn't falter.

The rough hand from her mouth detached and stopped in front of her face. "You're going to do what I tell you to—"

The purple-eyed girl took the opportunity to lean forward and bite the hand hard, drawing blood and feeling flesh with her teeth. Judging by the person's voice, it was definitely a male. Stomping on the man's foot with incredible strength, she grabbed hold of his arm from behind and spun around, twisting it. The figure let out a pained yelp. The person, whose face was hidden and was dressed in suspiciously luxurious all-black attire, was on his knees. The blonde, now free of his grip, raised her palm and—

"Wait!" The man pulled down his mask. "It's me!"

"Tachi?!" she stood over him, her body shaking with her rage. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Would you have willingly came with me if I asked you to?" the head bodyguard panted through clenched teeth, holding his bleeding hand in pain.

She wiped the blood from her mouth. "Touché."

"I need you to come with me."

Ayla snarled, her eyes narrowing dangerously. "Go to hell, Tachi."

Just as she was about to turn on her heel and escape the alley, the man had leaped forward, ignoring the searing pain on his foot, and caught her wrist. "Wait, I'm not here to take you back!"

The girl yanked her arm back harshly. "Then what are you here for?"

"I just want to talk." he said. "That's all I want." The sound of an engine approaching at the other end of the alley caught her attention. It turned out to be a black and shiny limousine. The head bodyguard stood up and limped to the vehicle, opening the car door for her. "Let's go for a ride, Lady Mikayla."

* * * * *

Ayla watched Tachi wrap gauze around his injured hand. For five silent minutes she sat in the leather seat opposite of him while he treated his wound carefully. She bit her lip from showing a smug smirk, but Tachi wasn't fooled.

"I can tell by the look in your eyes you don't feel sorry." he mumbled, layering the white fabric.

"Care to explain what just happened?" Ayla questioned with crossed arms and a scowl.

"As I've said, I knew you weren't going to meet up with me if I simply asked you to. So I planned to quietly drag you in this car and have the decent conversation I want to have with you." He stretched his wrapped hand out to her. "Although I certainly didn't expect you to bite me."