Chapter 9: Reopening Wounds

Following the intense villain attacks toward U.A. students, principal Nezu transformed U.A. into a boarding school in order to protect the students. The Height Alliance is meant to protect the students and allows the teachers to keep close surveillance on them. There are dorm buildings for every U.A. class and each of them is just a five-minute walk from the main building. Class was finished for the day and everyone was chilling in the living room, casually talking with occasional chaos in the background. Everyone was a few minutes away from going to sleep.

A woman with bed-headed purple hair rushed inside, panting at the entrance. Nemuri. Why would the pro-hero Midnight be at the studnets' dorm at a time like this? In fact, she didn't even have her hero costume on. She was wearing a purple robe with bunny slippers and her sleeping mask was displayed at the top of her head. "Ayla!"

"Nemuri-san—?" The blonde asked but the pro-hero cut her off from speaking any further.

"Listen to me," The purple-haired woman said, both warning and imploring, and ran to harshly grab her shoulders. "Hide in your closet and don't come out, you understand me?"

"What?" Ayla blinked. "Why?"

Nemuri's blue eyes darkened. "Tachi's here."

* * * *

"Midnight?" Kaminari asked, moments after the purple-eyed girl dashed to her room. "What's going on?"

"Kids." The pro-hero shook her head and sighed. "Go to bed and forget this ever happened—"

The door busted open and it collided with the wall with a loud bang. Multiple armed bodyguards came swarming in, spilling inside the living room. Amid the crowd two people came from the middle, both not wearing uniform like the others. The first was Aizawa. The students recognized him even in his pajamas, but they didn't know who the second one was. However that man was all too familiar to Nemuri. It was Tachi.

Aizawa turned to his students. "Don't worry guys, this man has a warrant to be here. He means no harm." But the aggravation and the vexation in his voice gave away his true opinion.

"Tachi-san?" Momo whispered, surprising all her classmates that she knew the man. It didn't take long for the black-haired girl to put the pieces together and know his goal here.

"Yaoyorozu." The head bodyguard said. "I assume you already know what I want. Tell me where she is."

"She came to U.A as a runaway!" Momo yelled. There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. Having Tachi and the other bodyguards has definitely caused the trauma in Ayla to rise again. "I would never betray her like that, you'd have to kill me first!"

"Momo's right." Nemuri spat angrily. "People like you know nothing of Mikayla's tears."