Body Guard [E] - summertime college lovin'

2006

Prompt by veryvague

I'm sorry I doubt this is what you expected or wanted even

~ Explicit warning ~
Sex, drugs, yknow

• • •

So, John Laurens was kind of a rebellious kid—in his father's eyes, at least. He had a track record of being caught sneaking out—and after a recent incident, Henry Laurens wanted to make sure his son (the senator's son) wouldn't be getting into any more trouble.

That meant no more sneaking out, no more weed, no more alcohol, no more parties, no more late night driving, and definitely no more sex. 

But Henry Laurens had trouble enforcing these rules.  His son seemed to disregard cameras and locked doors.  He would get into trouble in deceptive ways.  For example, buying drugs on campus when his father couldn't monitor him or skipping classes to go God-knows-where instead.

It had become an issue.

Henry Laurens concluded that he needed somebody to watch his son—but not like a private eye.  He didn't need to know what he was doing, he just needed somebody to watch him so he wouldn't do anything.  A watched pot never boils, after all. 

However John Laurens was not pleased to be introduced to his new "body guard".  His father'd said it was to protect him in case reporters bugged him (they occasionally did on campus if they knew he'd be there) or hecklers who disliked his father, the senator.  John knew it was not to protect him, especially considering the little redhead was, well, little, in that he was no more than 5'7" and was much skinner than John himself, offering little more protection to him. It was to watch him, which really pissed him off, but he still greeted the "guard" politely.

"This is Alexander Hamilton.  He's a student like yourself, and it just so happens his class schedule does not interfere with your time.  He will be able to guard you almost 24/7, so you won't have to worry about being harassed," Henry Laurens said with a smile.  So fake. Irritating.

"Dad, is this necessary?" returned his son with just as fake a smile.

Alexander released John's hand from the handshake, holding a bag over his shoulder.

"Yes, I think it is," said he.  It was a warning.  "Because Hamilton is attending the same college, he's going to stay with us at our home.  He seems to be a smart young man, I believe you will get along."  He nodded to Alexander.

Now, Alexander wasn't actually there on some secret mission to spy.  He was able to be exchanged through a program from his home in St. Kitts, allowing him to move abroad to attend university in South Carolina.  It was—unfortunately for him as a young man of no true devoted religious views—a Christian university, but a degree was a degree, and it didn't matter where he got it because he could move on to a better law school afterwards anyway.  The acceptance rate was somewhat exclusive and his tuition was being paid for by the program.  He was being given a place to live rent-free.  It was perfect.  And it just so happened to align with Henry Laurens' needs—that Hamilton should come into the equation when he did was perfect.  So he offered him extra income to monitor his son.

Alexander, not actually caring and thinking it would be easy cash, said yes.  And he'd arrived a month before his first semester. 

John was approaching his second year of the university.  He wanted out.