A slight set back

Over the next week or so you stayed away from Dirk to make sure that he could focus on building Lil Hal's body and fixing Brobot. That was really hard since he's your best friend. But, you need to give him his space.

Over that week all you could think about was how the building was going, you were laying on your couch watching Sex in the City when Dirk called.

"Hello? Dirk what's up?" you jumped up excited.

"I just wanted to let you know that I may need more time building Lil Hal's body" he spitted out.

"Brobot's circuits are fucked up and I may need another couple days or so.. sorry (y/n) I know you were looking forward to this" he said sadly.

"It's okay as long as Brobot isn't a killing machine or something, take all the time you need!" you cheered but, truthfully you were devastated.

This was the call you were looking forward to all week and now you have wait longer. But, building a robot body does take a long process. Dirk was the best and the fastest at it so, you didn't need to worry. So, you hung up letting him get back to work and called the one person that would help you. Your second best friend Karkat Vantas. Yes, Karkat was your best friend. No one really knows how or when you became friends it just happened.

*Time Skip*

"SO YOUR TELLING ME THAT DIRK FUCKED UP AND NOW YOU HAVE TO WAIT EVEN LONGER TO GET HAL IS BODY?" Karkat questioned.

"Yeah, but he didn't fuck up, he just had a set back. It happens all the time Karkat" you straighten him out.

"YEAH,YEAH WHATEVER. ANYWAYS WHY ARE YOU SO EAGER TO GET THAT COMPUTER DOUCHE A BODY?" He asked.

"None of your business! Can't I just be nice to someone for once Karkat?" you snapped at him.

"NOT TO A COMPUTER HE'LL BE FUCKING FINE WITH BEING A USELESS COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR THE REST OF HIS STUPID LIFE" He responded.

At that point you just give up, this was never going to get anywhere. You knew Karkitty long enough to know that. You guys both were stubborn and hated losing. So, you just forfeited.

You guys just watched TV and chatted. After a while you went on Pesterchum to tell Hal.

[CH ChumHandle began Pestering TT TimeausTestifed]

CH: Hey Hal you there?
TT: I'm always here I can't really go anywhere.
CH: Oh yeah, sorry. anyways did Dirk tell you his news?
TT: Yeah, it's okay I'm not in a rush to have a robotic body. I'll just be a moving computer.
CH: Hal! You'll be- you ARE more than that okay?!
TT: Just give up (y/n) it's not like a choice anyways.
CH: I would give you one but, then you'd just decide not to except it.
TT: I have to go I was cleaning Dirks files and researching something.
CH: okay bye see ya!
[TT TimeausTestifed ceased Pestering CH ChumHandle]

This set back in Dirk's plan was going to test your relationships and your patience.