Chapter 4: Determination

[*Your P.O.V.]

     Kamado and Hashibira proceeded forward as I looked at them walk towards their possible death. I waited for them to get out of my sight, feeling the tense feeling in the air weighting down on me as I gulped. Once I didn't see them anymore, I made my decision as I took a step forward. I still have a mission to finish.

But before I could had continue further, I heard someone utter my name, "D-Don't leave me alone, Kanada!" I turned around to the terrified voice, It was Agatsuma. His unique eyes shook with fear as he unintentionally gave me pitiful puppy eyes , His so pitiful... No, too pitiful for my own good......

     I took another look at the forest before looking back at Agatsuma still looking afriad. I couldn't make up my mind, but seeing Agatsuma, made my decision. I took out a big puff before crouching down to his level, patting his blonde locks of hair. I gave him a reassuring smile as I ruffled his combed hair, "We still have to do our job, Agatsuma." I stated still retaining my comforting aura, "There are thousands of people out there we need to protect and there's only a few    of people like us that will have to protect them all."

His gaze lowered, conflicted. Seeing this I placed both of my hands on his shoulders, "Don't worry, I'll protect you" I reassured before getting another idea to push on Agatsuma, "plus, Wouldn't it be the best idea if you get Nezuko before she gets hurt with Kamado?" I asked gingerly.

Agatsuma looked up at me, before I fell butt first on the ground from him suddenly standing up, "Oww!" I groaned out, but thankfully Agatsuma was kind enough to help me up before he went charging towards the forest. "BAKA, BAKA, BAKA, BAKA, BAKA!!" Was the only thing I picked up as he continued chanting and shouting the word out. And when he was a bit out of earshot, I couldn't help but let out a light laugh, hoping he won't hear before chasing after him as I shouted, "HEY! Wait for me or I can't protect you" I retorted, "You're the BAKA!!"

Soon we reached a part of the forest where when I tried to look back I couldn't see where we came from anymore, the feeling of being watched weighting down on me once again. I hate this feeling, I screamed inside my mind. But despite the urge of running away in fear emitting from this place, I had to try and appear calm in any way. Agatsuma would lose hope in getting by this mission, and I had the gut feeling that in this mission, we needed all the help we can get. Even if they're a coward running away bastard.

Suddenly I winced in pain as I instintively held my hand. Alerted, I took a look at my hand. It looked normal, so thinking it was a dumb spider or another insect being a butt, I redirected my attention to Agatsuma.

He kept calling out Nezuko's name as Chuntaro, His sparrow. Also chirped out, seemingly helping aswell with the search. I started calling out aswell, scouting the area my eyes could reach. Webs were everywhere and spiders crawled beneath our feet as Agatsuma was starting to get agitated from the continous noises he had to endure with having keen hearing, I was keen on the idea he was also irritated with the low lighting as I was getting by easily with my ability to adapt to darkness much more quickly. Not realizing that Agatsuma was spouting nosense and was whining

"K-Kanada...... this is hopeless......." He started to whine as I continued scoping out the surroundings for any demons or chaos. "And these spiders are getting irritating!!" He retorted angrily as I turned to look at him covering his ears, man I'm starting to actually feel sorry for him. I mumbled under my breath, before my attention was snapped to Agatsuma pointing at something.

"SO LOUD!! ALL OF YOU, BE QUIET!!!" He froze when he saw it, staring into his eyes, probably his soul too. My eyes widened in horror and shock from the disturbing sight we just saw as it also stared into my soul. It was two big spiders with a human head, what. the. hell?!

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" He yelps before I felt a strong grip on my hand. And in an instant I was getting dragged by him as he ran, screaming out a wave of things from his head. "This is a dream, dream, dream, dream" As he started chanting dream, he starts losing his grip on my arm. And before I knew it I fell on the ground as I tasted the dirt in my mouth.

I spatted out the disgusting taste before abruply standing up, "Agatsuma, Wait!" I called out, before starting to feel numbness crawling on my limbs. Sweat started to trickle down my face as I looked down on my hand. Purple blothces appeared on it as it pulsed disgustingly. S***

I started running towards Agatsuma's direction, getting my thoughts straight. I need to find him, I have to protect him. Were the thoughts the circled around my mind. This mission is far dangerous, I should had just went in without getting another person tangled with this mess. But even if I die out here, I still have demons to slay.

There! I saw Agatsuma's infamous kimono as he stood still. Those weird spider creatures were starting to surround him as he yelps and panic. I stopped abruply as I gagged, feeling my rice ball starting to rise up to my throat as my vision started to dance. Despite the growing pain and numbness, I willed my feet to keep moving as they protested.

I gripped at my Nichirin Blade still in its dagger form before I clicked a button and send it flying towards some of the spider creatures, they jumped back in surprised as Agatsuma started running away. As I started to near, I finally heard a demon's laugh. My grip on my second Nichirin Blade only hardened.

The demon soon had their attention on me, as they only grinned. I heard whimpering and sobbing up from a tree, getting the idea Agatsuma was there. Suddenly the spider creatures swarmed on me as the throbbing pain intensifies. I tried to swing my dagger at them but they were starting to outnumber me, and the pain didn't help. My instincts yelling at me to cave in and cower, but my sense of duty won't falter.

But despite my determined efforts, I was starting to reach my limit and time was running out before the poison to reach my whole body. But then a smile sparked in my memory as I started to concentrate on my breathing, swinging at the spiders with all my might despite the growing protest of my limbs. I have to keep going!

Then everything turned to black.

1173 Words

Undertale Reference~~~! Wooop woop, I'm gonna be busy for a couple of weeks cuz it's 3rd Quarter OwQ

Fun Fact: Baka means Cow in my national language :v