Chapter 10: Showing the Ropes

[*Your P.O.V.]

          "I----- I'm not sure..... Zenitsu........" I croaked out as I gripped on Zenitsu's kimono that faintly smelled like peaches. This is soooo embarrassing. Zenitsu ironically willed me up to be official friends with Tanjirou and Inosuke. It took me weeeeeeks to just be friends with you Zenitsu! You're supposed to be the crybaby here not me..... ugh...... my ego is in shambles because of this big dandelion.

     I wasn't fully alone though, Zenitsu was also holding me and I was pretty sure that he's blushing by being close to a girl. Ever since that day when we became friends, so many changes happened it's becoming overwhelming and it makes my head dizzy. Zenitsu is literally my first friend after like what? 15 years of existing and he's forcing me to make more friends....

     "I-it's better if you have more friends (Y/N)!" Zenitsu said. While it holds truth, it doesn't necessarily mean that a person who had little to no social interaction will be easily thrilled. I poked Zenitsu's cheek as I grinned, "Why do you look so red? I'm supposed to be the person nervous here" His blush only deepened.

     He looked away trying to change the topic at hand, "Were about to get there" That's when everything was crashing down at me.

          "S-seriously.... th---though....... are you sure they actually want to be friends?!" I asked as I felt every single cell of my body shaking and my skin feeling wet with sweat.

     "OFCOURSE! You might not be the compassionate person" thanks, Zenitsu "But you're good at heart" He stated.

     I groaned in frustration, I don't want make my only friend sad and worry about me... "fine..." you win, crybaby.

          We entered the boy's ward to see Tanjirou and Inosuke on their beds talking with one another before spotting me and Zenitsu, "Oi! Ponitku and Kamdana, We've been waiting for you. I'm hungry!!" Inosuke puffed. pfff, I swear his mispronounced names are getting worse and worse.

"I'm really glad you two are friends!" Tanjirou added on ignoring the irk marks and steam coming out of Inosuke's female face. "His beautiful is such a waste if he's mad" Zenitsu mumbled as I chuckled in agreement.

   Maybe I'm overreacting...... I smiled.

   Before falling face first on the floor.

"(Y/N)! ARE YOU OKAY?!!" screamed Zenitsu in concern
"Fufufu! She got scared of the Mighty Inosuke!!" Inosuke puffed
"Here let me help you up, Kanada!"

          "Kaha, you're real name's Ukogi? You're slayer's so sweet~!" hummed Yuma to Chuntaro as he chirped in retaliation. (Y/N) rose herself up from the ground before raising her head, seeing the outstretched hand Tanjirou was giving her.

     She felt dumb from falling but accepted the help from Tanjirou nonetheless. It felt warm and gentle, but it was harden from training. Once he was sure that (Y/N) has propped herself properly on the ground, he lets go of her hand.

     "t-thanks Tanjirou" (Y/N) stated as her voice was reduced to a faint, gentle yet stuttering voice. She internally cringed, Zenitsu I'm not yet ready! I know you mean well with your one of a 'kind' eyes but still---! She cursed under her breath as her innermost turmoil was getting to her.

     "It's nothing, Kanada!" Tanjirou reassured, smelling the distress coming out of (Y/N). A part of him was surprised from smelling another scent from her but he masked it from the intensity of the scent.

     She played with a strand of her hair before taking a deep breath to calm down. "You're good at heart" She faintly blushed from Zenitsu's compliment; an attempt to assure her before her eyes landed on the blondie. His face said it all.

          "Kamado..." (Y/N) called out to Tanjirou gaining his attention before she raised her eyes towards him with an open hand, "Do you want to be friends?"

     Tanjirou just gave her a nod and a smile before shaking her hand, "Ofcourse! You didn't have to ask"

     With a newfound confidence, She smiled back at Tanjirou giving him a small thanks before turning to Inosuke and doing the same with more ease. Ofcourse though, being the wild boar he is. He was as clueless as cheese as he gave a confused look at her, "huh?" He squeaked before Zenitsu facepalmed and (Y/N) tried to hold back a snort.

     "(Y/N) wants to be friends with you! Someone who's considered close to you---!" He sneered before losing his sliver of patience, "YOU TWO GET TO TALK ABOUT ONE ANOTHER, BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER WHEN ONE OF YOU IS HAVING A HARD TIME!!!" He shouted before continuing with his monologue about friends (that's was starting to sound like the exaggerated version of the Great Papyrus'---- Nyeh-heh-heh~!) before (Y/N) flicked his forehead, earning a flabbergasted and blushing Zenitsu, "e-eh?!"

"He gets it, no need to get worked up, Zenitsu" She said with a playful grin. The way she says his name, it made Zenitsu feel special in a good way.

That was enough to calm down the blond before (Y/N) turned to Inosuke, "so... friends?" She asked to Inosuke as he gave an unreadable look at her. "friends"

After that we ate lunch together and chatted with one another. I offered some of my tempuras, that Miama send to me to Inosuke. It had some cheese that caused Inosuke to be thrilled eating them as I chuckled. Zenitsu was sipping on his cup of tea as he gave me a look, like he was thinking of something or maybe hiding his mouth and cheeks. Grabbing the chance I spoke out, "What's with that look, Zenitsu? Don't tell me you're.... Brewing something" I chuckled out, emphasizing on brewing. The others were left dumbfounded before I explained the joke to them.

     "e-eh?! Why would I plot something against you (Y/N)?!! That would be mean of me!!!" Zenitsu retorted as Taniirou and I just chuckled in amusement.

          After we finished eating, me and Zenitsu exited their ward and started to traverse through the halls towards my own ward, a few halls away from theirs.

     I blew out the breath, partially exhausted from all the social interactions. Before turning to Zenitsu with a thankful smile as we reached my ward. I smothered him with a hug as I felt exhilirated, being filled with gratitude and happiness and everything inbetween that I haven't been able to feel for a long time. "Thank you, Zenitsu!" I stated genuinely. Not bothered by the little to no distance between us as I felt his warm breath as he exhaled, still not used to this side of mebefore he returned the hug.

When we became friends..... I felt like she opened up to me. Like she opened her heart. Her heartbeats..... is like lulluby. Zenitsu thought to himself as he enjoyed the hug nonetheless.

1150 Words
[UPDATED]

I hope this is better :p :v
(I still miss Jay ._.,)