Chapter 8: Bonding

[*3rd Person's P.O.V.]

     Tanjirou's crow, Chuntaro, and Yuma was on the roof of the Butterfly Estate as they conversed with one around in terms of bird language as their assigned slayers were still having the Rehabilitation Training before heading out into the unknown once again. The Kamaboko gang was still having trouble with Kanao as  they were taking a small breather.

"......So yeah, Zenitsu was acting bizzare before you went in and joined us with the training" Inosuke explained to (Y/N) as she just nodded her head after intently listening to his tale. Zenitsu was currently panicking if he forgot taking his prescripted medicine as Tanjirou was trying to calm down the child, so Inosuke feeling a tad sour from Zenitsu's words during his outburst came to Inosuke talking about that incident to the girl beside him.

"He can be a crybaby AND a flirt huh?" (Y/N) quietly snickered as she looked at a unconscious Zenitsu on Tanjirou's back but Inosuke only avoided the sight as he laid down near his boar head and held his head to become more comfortable. "I wouldn't call him a flirt, really" Inosuke grumbled under his breath as he looked up at the clear blue sky above them, though his mumble was loud enough for it to not be unheard by both the unconscious Zenitsu and (Y/N).

Yep, he definitely heard that Hashibira. (Y/N) thought to herself after seeing how Zenitsu's eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly and his lip almost turning into a pout. Tanjirou started to walk towards the two of them with his famous smile, acting like he didn't just knocked Zenitsu to sleep like a champ as he waved at them with his free hand.

 "Kanada, Inosuke. We should head back now!" He suggested before Inosuke started to standing up as fast as he could with a big grin while putting on his famous boar head, "TAG YOU'RE IT!!! GAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" He then tapped (Y/N) a bit too harshly before he ran inside, thankfully not breaking anything. Or atleast not anything in (Y/N)'s line of view. As he left with loud creeks of the poor wooden floor as Tanjirou hopes that the other people in the wards weren't disturbed. 

She looked at Tanjirou with a unfazed face as she spoke out, "Need help?" That caused Tanjirou to snapped back to reality, realizing he was worrying maybe a bit too much about the others as he turned his attention to her than the hallway and just shook his head before flashing her a grateful smile despite declining the kind offer, "No thanks, I can handle him" He stated before looking down slightly as his voice became more softer and quiet almost as if he's embarrassed, "-------plus he would just be bothering you...."

   (Y/N) nodded her head before she gives way for him as she trailed behind him.

[*Zenitsu's P.O.V.]

     I groaned and shifted around as I kept my eyes closed, mumbling before I felt a blanket wrapped around me. Alerted, I opened my eyes and squealed as I put my hand on the bed abruptly for support but my hand only felt air before I fell off the bed and tumbled down on the floor painfully, the once comfortable and warm blanket almost strangling me to death as I struggled out of the wrap I had become. 

 Once I finally succeeded from freeing myself, I looked around the room and saw Tanjirou and Inosuke fast asleep, giving me the idea to not be too loud-----------WAIT!! IT'S IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN ASLEEP?!  TANJIROU DIDN'T EVEN HEADBUTT ME BUT I SLEPT UNTIL MIDNIGHT. TANJIROU YOU'RE SO. MEAN ;A;!!!! YOU GUYS DIDN'T EVEN WAKE ME UP >:000!!!!!!!

I would had been screaming angrily at Tanjirou if he wasn't sleeping so peaceful, the soft sounds he always makes fills a part of the quiet still night, save it for the crickets and birds of the night. Feeling my stomach grumble, I was about to leave the room before seeing a bowl of cold food near my bed. It's neater look than normal made me think that (Y/N) left it instead of Aoi, Tanjirou, or the other girls.

 I felt a weird feeling inside of me before taking the bowl and the neatly placed chopsticks beside it before quietly eating it. It might have been cold but it's better than going back to bed with an empty stomach, also considering that I lost my chance to train. I sighed sharply before looking back outside, I need some fresh air.

I went pass multiple hallways as only the occasional creaking of the floor was the only thing that filled the quiet mansion except for the soft snores of the other inhabitants and the creatures outside. Once I saw the place I was looking for, I stopped on my tracks. But then to my surprise, I heard an unfamiliar heartbeat from the other side.  I leaned on the wall and focused on the sounds but the heartbeat subtly stopped before I was able to decipher who was on the other side from their steady breathing.

"And again, you're my only friend Mr.Moon. The others are great to be with but.... I don't know." I overheard from that person as I frowned hearing that, both learning the fact that she doesn't have a friend and still unsure about us. ".....but, maybe it's time to break down my walls and take Nee-san's suggestion to move forward" Hearing that, I took a peak at (Y/N) who was sitting on the edge of the flooring as she held a piece of paper close to her chest. "What do you think Zeki?"

I lightly slid the door open as I stomped my foot to get her attention, she turned her head towards me, startled. Before I gave her a wave, "Hey Kanada" I greeted with a gentle voice, but as always it didn't sound as smooth as I would had like.

"Oh! You're awake Agatsuma. How are you?" She asked politely before I took a sit beside her, but not too close after I heard the paper getting back inside her pocket. "I'm okay" I simply replied as she found the night sky more interesting than me, "So how long have you been here?" I asked back as she averted her eyes on the ground. "I just wanted some fresh air" She stated indirectly.

We sat in silence as the wind hums a song with the crickets and birds of night as the bright full moon looms over us, gifting its soft and gentle moonlight upon us, the leaves, grass, and flora dancing, swaying, and rustling with the continuing singing cold wind.

1126 Words

Heya guys~! Sorry for the wait. (And the technical difficulties awhile ago) But hays! Update, Update, Update.

Okay that's enough----- Ashy Out~~~!