22. North

(Warning: Rated Mature! Sexual themes ahead. If you're sensitive to that material, skip this chapter!)

🌲🌲🌲

North wiped greese off of his hands with a dirty rag. His back was aching from laying underneath his Jeep for so long. With one stretch, he heard his bones crack back into place, and he heaved a relieved sigh. He was only twenty-two for fucks sake. He shouldn't be aching like an old man.

There was nothing wrong with his Jeep, but he'd be pissed if something happened to it because he was neglecting to take care of it. A simple oil change was all he had on the list to do, which was what he just finished.

The shiny black paint was visible again after giving her a good wash a couple months ago after Addie led them through that mud hole. He vowed to himself to never do it again.

He didn't want to risk his baby.

North cleaned up his tools and made a mental note to talk to Brandon about options regarding what they'd do when gas expired. The thought of turning his baby electric was horrifying, but he'd rather have that than not drive her at all.

Once he was done cleaning up, he headed out of the shop and up the yard to get to the back door of the house. He had a lot to do that day.

Apparantly he was going to take Addie to the nudist colony to go see Greta, which he was not enthused about at all. Sure, he got to spend some more time with Addie, but he didn't want to step foot into the colony.

Naked Greta was enough and he didn't need to witness it again, let alone seeing other old people bare ass for all to see.

Addie-girl (oh, how he loved how she reacted to that nickname), was depending on him, so he'd be there, whether he liked it or not.

He stopped and talked to Kota briefly when he ran into him in the hallway. Kota asked him to keep an eye out for anything suspicious, which was a given, but he didn't want to mouth off to Kota when all he was doing was looking out for their girl.

He paused when Kota informed him that Addie was getting ready to go. North cursed and hurried to the shower so he could wash off the oil and greese.

After he made a stop in his bedroom to gather a pair of boxers, socks, dark jeans, and a black tshirt, he walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind him. He hung a clean towel on the hook next to the shower and threw his dirty clothes off.

Climbing in the shower, he turned the spray on and started to lather his hair with the homemade shampoo that Gabriel had made for him.

While the warm spray of water rinsed off the suds, he couldn't help but think back to the way Addie had looked at him when he called her Addie-girl. Watching her eyes fall half-mast, and the heat of red that crawled up her chest was a dead giveaway on how he affected her.

Picturing the way her nipples had stiffened under her shirt and how her breath had turned a little shallow, he felt himself harden. He cursed and pounded a fist on the light colored tile of the shower wall, eyes closed to avoid the sting of soap.

North had been there too many times since he had met the bird, but he always stopped himself from providing the relief he so desperately needed. It meant he was taking more cold showers than he did in high school. Jesus fucking Christ.

He wasn't sure when it happened, but his fantasies of blonde hair, green eyes and little bites on his chest had switched to waves of chesnut hair wrapped in his fist, and hazel eyes with gold specks looking at him dazedly over her freckled shoulders as he pounded into her from behind.